PDA

View Full Version : Shafted on ebay

robie5
06-01-2012, 11:06
I won a set of koni shocks on ebay.de...payed for them next day and waited a few weeks for them to turn up, with no avail:cry:, started emailing the seller then but got no replies and he definitly been on line, because he swithced his feedback to private few days ago, i think he knows whats coming
Thing is he had 100 percent feedback and over 600 transactions, you'd imagine you would be ok
Watch out for this guy Blackcanidae

djinuk
06-01-2012, 11:44
aghh, Paypal your usually safe and will get your money back.

Im currently putting together a group buy of 5 pairs of mx5 lights on ebay.de..

Agreed a price with a seller, but now hes sent me an invoice using a website called after buy, which requires a payment using sort code/ account number (i/e not through paypal).

Made me nervous

robie5
06-01-2012, 12:02
aghh, Paypal your usually safe and will get your money back.

Im currently putting together a group buy of 5 pairs of mx5 lights on ebay.de..

Agreed a price with a seller, but now hes sent me an invoice using a website called after buy, which requires a payment using sort code/ account number (i/e not through paypal).

Made me nervous

Yep ill get my money back alright, but its the hassle of it and i really wanted the shocks:(
If its a company you should be safe enough..but at least with paypal you'v some cover if things go wrong

Phoenix Autosport
08-01-2012, 11:48
get yourself signed up on ebid instead, its like ebay was before they got a god complex and your listings show on google shopping provided you authorise your store,
much lower fees than ebay and none of their 8u115h1t

my ebid store, have a look at how it works on there
http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=user-store&title=phoenix-autosport-flocking

ebay are loosing traders like there is no tomorrow and ebid is growing faster than any other auction site so it is likely to be the most viable alternative