PDA

View Full Version : Just thinking about a conversion

ioshi_s_golf
05-01-2012, 16:15
Today come in my mind one idea to make my r5gtt with volvo t6 twin turbo engine 272hp. I think in the front there is no enough space. But on the rear should work. But there is the other thing will need a gear box from a rear wheel drive car.

So please help me to decide what to do. All answer will be appreaciated

Cheers

J$£5GTT
05-01-2012, 17:42
do it!
:)

Big Steve - Raider
05-01-2012, 18:10
Wow that's a bit of an epic job!!!

If that's what tickles your fancy then do it?!

Mind you, I'm loving the power that Scoff & co are getting out of Renault's valver engines with a bit of work & a chuffin great turbo! I reckon one of them mildly tuned would give you almost as much bang per buck without having to try & fabricate all that Rear engined gubbins?!

ioshi_s_golf
05-01-2012, 20:30
The main problem will be to find the right gear box from rear wheel drive car. And how will put the engine. If it was going to fit with the oem gearbox then for sure i'm going to do it. But it will be much harder with the other gearbox. And for that reason i've change my mind and i'm still thinking to put my b18ft engine on the back. To make it rear wheel drive. And to push this engine to the limit, and after that to try something else.

Tony Walker
05-01-2012, 20:36
ive thought about the fiat coupe 2.0 5cyl turbo in the back, can be bought for peanuts now.
Also comes with a lsd which is allways nice.

ioshi_s_golf
05-01-2012, 21:07
ive thought about the fiat coupe 2.0 5cyl turbo in the back, can be bought for peanuts now.
Also comes with a lsd which is allways nice.

Hm thats good idea :)

Tony Walker
05-01-2012, 21:25
i think its probably a little too big tho :(

ioshi_s_golf
05-01-2012, 22:11
Well any way will stick with the b18ft engine.

I was looking now in projects and i saw on 3-th page one white rear wheel drive r5. From there i'm going to look how to do mine. But i didn't see any information how he deal with the clutch cable, and the cable for the gear change. Also why he put a steering rack as well?

This is the project
http://rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=3731

Cheers guys :)

ioshi_s_golf
06-01-2012, 19:03
Any ideas about this

( how he deal with the clutch cable, and the cable for the gear change. Also why he put a steering rack, and the throttle cable? )

Because this is the only thing which i don't know.

Tony Walker
06-01-2012, 19:26
i think the gear linkage is just a case of flip it round and extend it/shorten it, it still works the same way.