PDA

View Full Version : Bumpers part no.

Jay
20-11-2008, 23:26
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Does anyone have the part no. for both the ph1 and ph2 rear bumpers ? As i got a call from the bodyshop today where my car's supposed to be having a new back bumper fitted and the dude said that the one Renault have sent them is a textured one that cant be painted. I did say to him that they did 2 different sorts dependant on age. His reply was that he used the chassis no. on my car to order it. Does it sound to everyone else like Renault have sent the wrong bumper ?

Scoff
20-11-2008, 23:41
well, they all come textured! the phase 2's bumpers from renault come in a dark grey, similar to a phase one bumper. if you look at an original phase 2 bumper (one that hasn't been re painted) you can see the texture through the paint.

Sparkie
21-11-2008, 01:15
it was the craze back in the day to use hi-build primer to get rid of the pimpley texture. :(
ph1 rear is different to the ph2 rear also.

think the ph2 has a shoulderd area just below where the rubbing strip sits, whereas the ph1 doesn't??

Jay
21-11-2008, 02:05
Shoulderd area ? Got any pic's ?
Scoff, dya know what colour the ph1 bumpers came unpainted ?
Oh yeah i do realise your both asleep now.

Matt Cole
21-11-2008, 07:18
I would have concerns about your body shop if thats the cack they are coming out with. As stated high build primer with a plasticisor to allow expansion . I'm no expert but i have had a textured ph2 bumper painted and so have many others.

phase i 16 v turbo
21-11-2008, 08:42
The last time I brought a Phase II rear bumper this was the part number I used (7700780119). I think it was about £95 + Vat.
I think it is now also the part number for the Phase I, but the bumper strips are different.

Gttnutter
21-11-2008, 08:45
Yes i would also have concerns about the bodyshop. I found out that the rear is not as textured as the fronts and the bodyshop i go to do a perfect job on the front.

You will still see a textured finish through the paint ever so slightly

Jay
21-11-2008, 22:49
Cheers guys, thanks for all the advice. I'll let them know what i know now. The bodyshop isnt my choice by the way, im the third party in an insurance claim :cry:

Scoff
21-11-2008, 23:05
it was the craze back in the day to use hi-build primer to get rid of the pimpley texture. :(
ph1 rear is different to the ph2 rear also.

think the ph2 has a shoulderd area just below where the rubbing strip sits, whereas the ph1 doesn't??

yeah, a bulge at each corner.