PDA

View Full Version : New to Renault 5 ownership

chris
27-12-2011, 22:41
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi everyone I am chris i am a hgv mechanic I have just brought a Renault 5 gt turbo it's a project because it's a non runner surprise surprise lol and has been sat around for 2 years apparently so guna have a go I want to make it as standard on outside as possible I am in Shrewsbury Shropshire And dont think I have seen another round here in years and as soon as I work it out (or someone tells me lol) I will put some pictures up but any help or advise would be great thanks alot

Tony Walker
27-12-2011, 23:04
Hey welcome to the club, to upload pics just look at the bottom of the reply message screen then attach the picture :D

chris
27-12-2011, 23:20

Thanks I will give that a go

Big Steve - Raider
27-12-2011, 23:39
Hi Chris!!

Welcome to the club!! :yeah:

In Shropshire you're not far from old the Grim Reaper of 5 GTT Turbo's Bob at CGB Motorsport :rolleyes:

But make sure you check on here before you go running to him as you will probably find many parts on here & through good old Mike Phase 1 16v.

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

chris
28-12-2011, 00:48

Ok thanks mate and anyone local who needs a hand or just to show me way a running 5 sounds like let me know

BluntyR5GTT
28-12-2011, 05:13
hi chris welcome to the club :) may i say this is the best money you can spend whilst owning a renualt turbo.
what exactly is the problems with the car making it a non runner? if your having turbo problems i can get you a rebuild or hybrid built up at unbeatable prices and have a little discount on atm

chris
28-12-2011, 07:54

There's no spark ATM but got some new parts to collect today so should be able to sort it out and then I will c if there any other problems whilst it's running if it runs so ur the man if I need a turbo then I will bear that in mind cheers