PDA

View Full Version : Sparco bucket seat sub frames

LukeRobbo
22-12-2011, 12:45
I bought a set of buckets and cut the frames off my old gt seats to weld to the buckets but now I'm thinking the frames are too heavy but I don't want to pay a lot for lighter ones.Anybody got any pics or ideas?

car.crash
22-12-2011, 13:45
The weight you will save will be minimal. I used Gtt runners and bolted my sparco subframes to them.

Phoenix Autosport
22-12-2011, 13:58
aftermarket subframes are more often than not heavier than originals as manufacturers over engineer them as they dont want any comebacks and certainly dont want them to break in an accident as it could be argued they would have a certain level of liability,

if you are looking to save every last kilo, for sidemounted bucket seats use alloy sidemounts bolted direct to the floor.
or for base mounted seats some alloy box section can be used to make your own lightweight fittings again bolted direct to the floor

LukeRobbo
22-12-2011, 14:41
Cheers for the advice will just stick to the original plan I think

Phoenix Autosport
22-12-2011, 20:19
if you want them to be adjustable its probably your best bet, the renault frames are pretty much as light as a steel frame is going to get and at least you know that it will fit the car properly :)