PDA

View Full Version : bms turbo elbow and scorpion exhaust fitting

gttjames
20-12-2011, 20:50
When my engine goes back in it will be with the BMS elbow, cant wait to get that fitted, but iv got a scorpion exhuast and the 2 dont mate up, he supplied it with an adaptor but i couldnt get it to fit without blowing, should i get the adaptor welded to the top of the scorpion flange.

Who else has done this, or any better options apart from buying a bigger bore system

thanks

Junglist
21-12-2011, 07:31
the adapter i got with mine worked fine without welding it mate, i just usd a fair bit of exhaust putty

gttjames
26-12-2011, 17:14
Well iv been out there again today and no luck - was it a 2inch scorpion youv fitted it to? With the scorpion downpipe off i placed the adaptor over the flange bit and it just covers it by a mm all round so no way does it stay in place when it comes to fitting.

Pretty sure there must be 40+ people using this downpipe from the few group buys wev had on it, what system are you all using?

car.crash
26-12-2011, 22:53
I use a 2 1/4 Ktec system on mine and it's leak free. I've seen a few issues trying to fit them to the scorpions. Post some pics of your adaptor.

SCHWARTZ
27-12-2011, 11:36
The HMS is 2.5" bore if that adaptor is just the curved over washer type thing that you should have in the standard exhaust system it won't work. Why not get a sidey?:D

gttjames
27-12-2011, 16:24
Do like the sidey's - but prefer rear exit. Also to many speed bumps here and at work. I like the sound of my scorpion aswell. Il get a picture of the adaptor im trying to use

gttjames
27-12-2011, 17:57
Here we go, right iv got a scorpion system fitted, pic below shows the flange - now the measurement across the widest part of the flange, the top bit is about 60mm - now the measurement on the adaptor i have also pictured on the thinest bit is about 58mm. So you can see when fitting i have to be bang on to get it to seal and chance of that happening with the limited room when fitting and also gtt exhuast bolts/springs etc its not going to happen.

interesting - i had the standard exhuast system which came on my gtt (not factory but standard pattern part, bosal or walker etc) and the widest part of the flange on that goes out to around 65mm - so id have no problem mating the adaptor upto the standard system but not the scorpion. I dont want to get another exhuast as i like the rear exit and also like the sound and look of the old school scorpion with the smaller tailpipe. Im not hot on welding but would it be possible for someone good at welding to weld the adaptor to the scoprion flange? as this would solve the problem - providing a weld would be strong enough to cope when mating it up and tightening all bolts?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/sr50james/bms002.jpg