PDA

View Full Version : Renault Chop 1/2 the range

andybond
19-12-2011, 21:52
no more Laguna, Wind roadster, Modus, Espace, or their passenger-carrying vans including the Kangoo. Sales over 30% down, plenty of dealers to close.

That leaves Twingo, Clio, Megane (presumably the Renaultsport models are still safe) and the Scenic. Plus all the electric stuff next year.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/260530/

mr bean aka pete
21-12-2011, 20:37
My Old Work Place Has Just Sold Its Main Garage (Renault main dealer) He Is Now Down To A Renault Minute Centre :crap: Also I Have Heard On The Grape Vine That Renault Sport Have Branched Out on There Own Producing There Own Sport Models Under Licence Of Renault (dont quote me on all this as not confirmed) And Renault Are Concentrating On There Electric Range Coming Out In 2012 Also Including An Electric Powered Kangoo ;)

Phoenix Autosport
21-12-2011, 21:35
these are some pretty strange times we are living in

cant say as its a surprise though, the scrappage scheme artificialy stimulated the new car market at the expense of those involved in the service and maintenence of older vehicles.
caused people to take on yet more debt and finance for cars they didnt need in a panic not to loose out on getting a supposed good deal.
now people are loosing their jobs, cant afford the payments and getting them reposessed on top of lots of company cars going back where companies fail or downsize the nearly new market is flooded bringing down prices.
add into the equation the vat and first year tax on new cars you would have to be mad to buy one.

bangernomics is the way forwards i recon :laugh: