PDA

View Full Version : carl froch vs andre ward

BluntyR5GTT
17-12-2011, 12:53
anyone watching this later on ? kell brook also making american debut should be interesting, lets hope froch can get the win after amir khans letdown.

just to note ill update this thread in the morning with a discussion about the fights so if anyone doesnt want to know the results until they watch the re runs then please stay outta this thread until after you do so :agree:

Trevhib
17-12-2011, 15:22
I'm watching bud, well, a torrent in the morning anyway :)

If Froch can do it, he becomes the 9th best pound for pound fighter in the world doesn't he?

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/ratings

He's a great fighter and has a granite chin. Not the best boxer but I don't know who else (who is active), that has honestly sought out all the very best fighters in the world at their weight in the way he has. His only loss was a controversial points loss to Kessler. Banging fight too.

My prediction - Ward on points, too classy. :(

BluntyR5GTT
17-12-2011, 15:25
good man trev :)

I actually think froch is going win this fight and by a stoppage, if froch takes control of the fight early on then he wins imo, but if ward gets it at his pace then froch has a huge task on his hands

im watching via flashsportstreams ;)

BluntyR5GTT
17-12-2011, 15:38
sorry trev i didnt answer to your quote about the p4p rankings yes i believe he goes 9th with a win :)

Trevhib
17-12-2011, 17:56
Ace. Good luck staying up all night! :eek:

And good luck to Froch, I'd love him to come out the winner tonight :agree:

BluntyR5GTT
18-12-2011, 00:26
haha ill have no probs staying up mate not been getting much sleep these last 2 weeks due to my back.

BluntyR5GTT
18-12-2011, 00:58
anyone up and watching? that wasnt a bad 1st fight

BluntyR5GTT
18-12-2011, 01:44
brook looked decent as per then, id say take another 2 fights and then world title

BluntyR5GTT
18-12-2011, 03:32
froch loses on points,ward was miles better froch was one dimensional and no way would froch or ward have lived with calzaghe

Alex
18-12-2011, 16:06
That was fairly one sided wasn't it! Froch looked slow and his defence was wasn't up to scratch. Ward is superb, surely a top 10 p4p??

Brook looked very good, I'd like to see a bout with him and Khan...

BluntyR5GTT
18-12-2011, 16:16
defense has never been a big part of froch's game tbh, but christ he was slow you could see his punches coming last week, ward is someone you cant just try and get off a lead jab he will just pick you off.

BluntyR5GTT
18-12-2011, 16:18
yes brook looked decent was made to work by his opponent, think he was a bit nervous first couple of rounds but got into a nice rhythm, defo brook vs khan this time next year

Trevhib
19-12-2011, 09:54
Disappointed to have been so close to the mark in my prediction :(

Ward is the real deal. No shame losing to him. Froch isnt as bad as it might have looked, ward is simply that good.

I'm also dismayed about Vitali offering to fight Chisora after the Haye fight falling through. Utterly pointless.

Alex
19-12-2011, 10:03
I totally agree Trev - It'll be a short fight I'd imagine! The thing about the heavyweight division is there's no real talant other than the 2 big guys. That's said I can't see why they keep fighting lowly ranked heavyweights, shorly Povetkin derves a shot by now.....?

Trevhib
19-12-2011, 11:09
Chisora will probably get mucked about again and the fight wont happen :laugh:

Yep, the heavyweight division is poor. The Ring have Helenius as 6th on their list and Chisora beat him!*

*(but was robbed of the decision)

There are one or two guys in the top ten that have no losses on their records that should maybe be lined up for the mechanical brothers. Povetkin seems the best of these. He beat Chagaev recently and I think that's a pretty decent scalp.

Tyson Fury is game for a blue-collar slug fest and I get to watch the fights live since he's on GMT and terrestrial :D Tbh I like him :agree:

Robbo
19-12-2011, 17:57
david price is the one to watch, he would easily take tyson fury and chisora. watch i will be eating my words next weekend

Trevhib
19-12-2011, 18:48
We're talking grass roots, home-grown, nuts and bolts boxing now! Lol.

Yes, I remember David Price from the recent Olympics. I didn't realise he'd turned professional.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Price_(boxer)

Beat Fury at amateur level then.

Looks to be boxing on Jan 21st in an eliminator for a tilt at the Brit and Commonwealth titles thereafter. Smart. :agree:

Robbo
19-12-2011, 22:00
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12947,00.html

december 21st unless its been put back

loving the boxing thread btw.

Alex
19-12-2011, 22:03
Price does look pretty good but he's fought no one of any class just yet. I'd like to see him fight Chisora or Fury....

Robbo
19-12-2011, 22:18
Price does look pretty good but he's fought no one of any class just yet. I'd like to see him fight Chisora or Fury....

tom dallas wasnt a mug and was in it to win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaoF-8y8AO8

both quite new to the pro scene

Mcdermott on the otherhand

BluntyR5GTT
20-12-2011, 04:37
i tend to agree with robbo on this one i reckon price could take fury probably on points, would be a great domestic fight thats for sure,

would be good to see brook vs khan and price vs fury next year, the chisora fight is a joke though