PDA

View Full Version : My GT's back today:-)

REGGY5GT
12-12-2011, 09:10
After having the GT off the road for 12 months I discover the jacking points,inner sills and outer sills had the same consistancy as a mcvities digestive I order two genuine jacking points and take it to my old school mate joss creed who now owns 'nigel pococks classic car restoration' who mainly restores rolls royce,damlier,jags ect which is located on the a41 between newport and market drayton.
I went to have a look to see how it was coming along on friday and after just on full days work I was astonished with the skill of joss,the underneath of my GT looks like brand new,the whole floorpan has been striped back to bare metal all rot carefully cut out,plated and finished to the quality of not even being able to see the repairs,as the sills were only rotted an inch up from the seam rather than buy new sills joss has fabricated new repair strips to which have also been blended to the point you cant tell at all,the last thing hes got to do now is put the orange stuff on,think its oxidiser and stoneguard it,will get some pics up soon for peeps to have a butchers and joss is very good with his prices,if you would like any more info just pm me:-)

BluntyR5GTT
12-12-2011, 13:28
get as many pics up as you possibly can tim, and also a contact number,address etc might be good as its always good to know a decent bodyshop