PDA

View Full Version : Bought my first 5 today!

Andyturbo!
10-12-2011, 22:43
Bought it off a very nice guy on here called James, aka salty blade. Very solid example that runs great and pulls very well. Will make a great project, I can't wait! To pick it up :). There's pics on here already but I will post sum up wen I get it peeps!

Very happy! Lol

Thundercat
11-12-2011, 04:05
That'll be my old red 5 sold to james last year, runs very well and james has lifted the look with fresh paint on the kit. Happy boosting.

BluntyR5GTT
11-12-2011, 04:44
brilliant news andy, as i said via pm your in a good area with alot of helpful members so when you need anyhting setting up m sure you will be able give one of them a shout

Andyturbo!
11-12-2011, 08:02
That'll be my old red 5 sold to james last year, runs very well and james has lifted the look with fresh paint on the kit. Happy boosting.

Yep thats the one John, James spoke highly of you mate, which didn't surprise me wen I heard it running, very sweet engine, it's a credit to you mate:agree:

Andyturbo!
11-12-2011, 08:03
brilliant news andy, as i said via pm your in a good area with alot of helpful members so when you need anyhting setting up m sure you will be able give one of them a shout

Cheers andy, yeah it feels good knowing I'm not alone up here lol

Robbo
11-12-2011, 08:16
Nice 1, hope to see you at next years meets ina 5 aswell;)

Andyturbo!
11-12-2011, 08:27
Nice 1, hope to see you at next years meets ina 5 aswell;)

Cheers Robbo, yep that's the plan buddy :agree:

Karlos
11-12-2011, 15:29
Niceone, you did it :)

Andyturbo!
11-12-2011, 16:53
Niceone, you did it :)

Cheers karlos! I'm well happy with it, James even chucked some spare in with it too, top man!

tubbyG
11-12-2011, 17:02
from what I can remember thats a great looking 5 your getting :)

So when do you pick it up?

Andyturbo!
11-12-2011, 17:25
Some time thro the week hopfully fella, yeah it really is a clean car, cud do with a paint job so that mite be happening next year, hopfully our lasses uncles gona do it for me. It runs so sweet tho too

djinuk
11-12-2011, 19:17
spot on dude.. love hearing these cars staying in the club!!!.

Andyturbo!
11-12-2011, 19:46
spot on dude.. love hearing these cars staying in the club!!!.

Cheers dj, yeah I think James was happy it was staying in the club too mate, he's put alot of wrk Into bringing it back to oe spec on the outside too. Just can't wait for the drive home in it :D

Thundercat
11-12-2011, 22:17
Hi Andy, there's a few pics of the car on my profile of to show you the transformation to what your getting now of James. Engine fitted has had a bottom end rebuild approx 4 yrs ago, when fitted gave it a good flush out and check over. Breather cup mod, boost cup mod carried out. Exhaust fitted is standard bore size stainless system, a little restrictive but makes it quite torque at low revs. Standard T2 turbo will run at 14 psi when fueling tweeked. Any other info needed just ask mate.

Andyturbo!
11-12-2011, 22:34
Hi Andy, there's a few pics of the car on my profile of to show you the transformation to what your getting now of James. Engine fitted has had a bottom end rebuild approx 4 yrs ago, when fitted gave it a good flush out and check over. Breather cup mod, boost cup mod carried out. Exhaust fitted is standard bore size stainless system, a little restrictive but makes it quite torque at low revs. Standard T2 turbo will run at 14 psi when fueling tweeked. Any other info needed just ask mate.

Thanks for the info John, much appreciated, it's nice to have got a car that's known to the club in some way. I was surprised at how responsive it was low down and it pulls really well and like you say the work James has done to get it looking how it should is great

Andyturbo!
12-12-2011, 18:54
Well all set to pick her up tmoro :D hope the drive home goes ok lol

Lomo
12-12-2011, 19:06
Well all set to pick her up tmoro :D hope the drive home goes ok lol

Good Lad :cool:

Andyturbo!
12-12-2011, 19:31
Good Lad :cool:

Cheers Iain, u knew it wouldn't be long! I just cudnt wait til next year, wot a nice Xmas present from Rachel eh!:)