PDA

View Full Version : Santa Pod day or Shakespeare 2012

Duncan Grier
09-12-2011, 15:07
I have no idea if the frog of the pod event has already been arranged / booked but it just so happens while I was using my lunch break to fit new tyres to the barge the guy who runs shakespeare was in and also good friends with the owner of garage.

Anyway seems they have done some work there and site is a lot better since last time I was there and have the right attitude for a RTOC day and seems confident about rates

Got his number so can give him a call if we wanted to use / consider them????

PM me if so and happy to speak numbers to him if you can confirm what the pod are going to charge

If not no harm done just thought I would mention it :cooter:

DG

djinuk
09-12-2011, 15:10
I still think it would be nice to do a vs day ..

so along the lines of rtoc, vs gti owners or somthing along them lines.

means prices are halved, and a good excuse to meet some new people, have a chat and often share the rtoc love!..

BluntyR5GTT
09-12-2011, 15:14
a classic vs day would be us frenchies against the ford rs boys :agree:

Duncan Grier
09-12-2011, 15:19
Guess numbers are getting lower and lower and some form of well org'd french shoot out or hot hatch classic show down would be a great day wherever it was held

:agree:

djinuk
09-12-2011, 15:26
to right :).. most other owners clubs do it, i personally think it would be a cracking day.

Just need to get in contact with somebody in the no.. make it happen folks

HEMMO R5T
09-12-2011, 16:46
a classic vs day would be us frenchies against the ford rs boys :agree:

HEMMO R5T
09-12-2011, 17:04

if that ever happens ill sell my house and my gf to get the turbo back on the road :D

Adey aka Ewok
09-12-2011, 20:10
Tbh I think less and less rtoc members are going to events these days, look at marts track days and the turn outs? I tried a day at shakey this year, not one person interested. :confused:

mike r5 gtt
09-12-2011, 20:38
i like shakespeare raceways think its a great little place :agree:

also the vs days sound good (but could easily end up in a fight) :laugh:

if i ever get left alone for 5mins to sort my 5 out im gona be aiming for a few track/shakespeare days nxt year

Sparkie
09-12-2011, 20:39
two words

'fuel costs'

biggest killer of events these days.

Adey aka Ewok
09-12-2011, 21:01

two words

'fuel costs'

The new Bill J
09-12-2011, 21:14
also the vs days sound good (but could easily end up in a fight) :laugh:

Days like that only end up in fights when the day's finished, and everybody's back behind the safety of their pc's!

mike r5 gtt
09-12-2011, 21:16
Days like that only end up in fights when the day's finished, and everybody's back behind the safety of their pc's!

haha keyboard warriors

jamie_clioGTT
09-12-2011, 22:35
im hopefully going to attend as many track days etc next year as i possibly can. shakespeare isnt all that bad. only ever done the 1/4 on one occasion and it was there.

id be well up for this :agree:

djinuk
10-12-2011, 09:50
only typical spatals , they go on anyway, welcome to the nature of renault boys in the push for power and speed... and ford boys.. in the quest for concourse, and o/e paint drips!!!.

But that only add's to tbe day.

Robbo
10-12-2011, 12:03
Tbh I think less and less rtoc members are going to events these days, look at marts track days and the turn outs? I tried a day at shakey this year, not one person interested. :confused:
:agree: you cannot even get people to drive 15minutes down the road for a pint every two months, nevermind turn up to an organised event. half of the members on here put there names down on the thread and then on the day come out with some lame excuse.

GTphil
10-12-2011, 15:02
Mostly all correct but you will most of the time get a decent turn out, cost is obviously a huge issue but if like me it's pretty much the only event you attend then there's plenty of time to plan ahead.

Not sure I fancy a head to head with the ford boys.......might get our ass's whopped!! I think it should be more of a retro/euro event, that way we could invite/arrange it with a few clubs to get a good turn out, I quite like not having huge ques at the rtoc pod day, but would be good to spice things up a bit and pit our cars against fiats/fords/vw's etc without waiting a couple of hours between runs

BluntyR5GTT
11-12-2011, 07:47
i wouldnt have a problem taking the ford rs boys on, we wouldnt have problems against the rs turbos and focus rs mk1 or mk2 on the 1/4 mile you would be surprised at how many big powered rs turbos cant get under a 13 sec 1/4.
the biggest threat is obviously anything with that yb engine in it i think it would be a great day/showdown

Sparkie
11-12-2011, 17:25
the biggest turn out we had at the Pod was the DD autosports day, that had PRIZES.
standard turbo and hybrid classes etc.
you need motivation these days be it monetry or parts.

youngscottie
11-12-2011, 17:39
two words

'fuel costs'

How true
A jolly south to an event is a very costly thing
At a time when monies has to be wisely spent it just isn't viable
Spent around £500 on nat day and that was driving the car there
Really wish I could go to all the events but it aint going to happen
Im fortunate enough to have the 5 as a third car which leaves
Very little budget for any thing else

That said I'll make nat day 2012

Dave Reed
11-12-2011, 18:07
I was at the last Vs day we had.. Was a good turn out on our part, but hardly any of the Polo lot showed up.. :disagree:

I walked away with 2 trophies and was well happy TBH, I wouldn't of thought they cost much, but that's not the point imo and I also didn't go just for this reason (like I'm sure many other's didn't)..

Cash prize's can only be sorted if everyone chips in say a £10 :confused:, but as soon as money is involved things, can get messy quick!

Also the last one was all done on what time you got, no head to head racing, which I don't think is always right, as drag racing is not just about the time..

Would be good to get a another one organised, i'd defo be up for it (if I ever get my head back lol)

Also to sort the boy's form the girls, get a depoist for these event's, gives people more insentive to show imo..

BluntyR5GTT
11-12-2011, 18:19
Surely that cant be a problem every entrant pays £10 then we have certain prizes for best time, best terminal, best 60ft etc. Im prepared to work hard on this to try and get some magazine cover which could lead to a few more prizes etc

Dave Reed
11-12-2011, 19:06
Surely that cant be a problem every entrant pays £10 then we have certain prizes for best time, best terminal, best 60ft etc. Im prepared to work hard on this to try and get some magazine cover which could lead to a few more prizes etc

I don't see it as a problem either, but others may.. That's the other thing too, if it's all based on 'best time, terminal etc it will put a lot of people of, as the faster cars are going to win hands down every time.... Where as imo if it's head to head then your cars got to last out the day, so say 2 qualifiers then eliminations??

BluntyR5GTT
11-12-2011, 19:45
lets get all suggestions in dave :) personally id be taking part as a bit of fun i know alot more people take these things really serious though

Dave Reed
11-12-2011, 19:47
And that's the important thing not to forget..... It's all a bit of FUN :D :burnrubber: :laugh:

5teve L
11-12-2011, 19:58
As soon as £££ is involved it's not fun though ;)
Head to head would be a better way to sort the nmen from the boys though

BluntyR5GTT
11-12-2011, 20:05
And that's the important thing not to forget..... It's all a bit of FUN :D :burnrubber: :laugh:

Exactly dave it is a bit of fun we all love our cars no matter if they are a pristine o.e example or a full blown mentalist. I think the old r5gtt vs ford rs is a legendary battle

Sparkie
11-12-2011, 21:31
Exactly dave it is a bit of fun we all love our cars no matter if they are a pristine o.e example or a full blown mentalist. I think the old r5gtt vs ford rs is a legendary battle

beware the 3rd gear pull of the RS's..... :laugh: or so i was repeatedly told - that was before i was stuck to the bumper of my mates 1900 zetec conversion....

djinuk
11-12-2011, 23:06
we could do with a descent contact on passionford possibly.. Just a though it may not only turn into a head to head jobby, and id maybe let them know that, after all i do like a mouch around a few spick and span show and shine ford jobbys.

stu21t
11-12-2011, 23:17
we could do with a descent contact on passionford possibly.. Just a though it may not only turn into a head to head jobby, and id maybe let them know that, after all i do like a mouch around a few spick and span show and shine ford jobbys.

Im sure me or blunty could do that.
We are regulars on there.

Id be up for any event as long as i got the spare cash at the time and the cars workin lol.

Brigsy
12-12-2011, 17:14
Im going to throw a spanner in the works here and say what about a vs day at york raceway??

I bet they will quite happily give us a slot for a shootout if somebody has a chat to the organisers. They regularly do the jap vs .. and the mini vs beetle days.

Last time i ran there the track prep was awesome on the glued sides of the startline, i done 1.7 60ft's. They can also do timed 0-60.

With the price of petrol these days pod can only be done two days a year for me, it costs a fortune. Shakespeare is even further away for me but the track is pretty good ill admit!

BluntyR5GTT
12-12-2011, 17:20
mr briggs thats not a spanner its another good suggestion that you have put forward

Dave Reed
12-12-2011, 17:51
York for me is just to far away it would take somethink like 6hrs for me. :cry:

They still got the hump at 3/4 track :laugh:

Mart
12-12-2011, 18:09
two words

'fuel costs'

Apart from a hardcore dozen or so, maybe it's that the days of 1/4 mile & track events have simply passed RTOC & its members by?

As a good example, when's the last time you ran at Pod?

More & more cars on here are seemingly being reverted back to/maintained as oem factory examples, and hence, I'd imagine, most owners with said cars wouldn't run them up the strip, or laps of a given circuit. I know if I still owned Whitey, I'd be of that mindset...

Dave Reed
12-12-2011, 18:14
Typical ricer owner... Talking about OEM or should that of read JDM?? :D

Don't worry mart, I think it was mentioned further up the post about 'show & shine' which seems more of the trend these days :(

Mart
12-12-2011, 18:23
I like Evo's, but I'm not JDM sheep, and I can't fecking stand the MLR either :laugh:

Show & Shine - Aii, that's the big fish on here these days it seems mate. I blame Big Steve for starting that trend... ;) :D

TommyB
16-12-2011, 07:27
Went to Avon park this year, and to be honest it just confirmed that I'm never going back.

Thing that scared me the most was the safety.

If it was to be at Avon, I'm out.

Tim B
16-12-2011, 15:56
I think a vs day would be great. I’ve attended a few Ford Central Owners Club days at the Pod in the past and it was great fun. Its open to any make or model of car. You would be surprised how many big Ford boys you can psych out on the strip even with a little 5 or in my case a van. Love it :D

Hi 5
16-12-2011, 20:00
chuckle chuckle fun fun i think not :p:p:p:p:p:D track is very good not long been relayed

gttjames
19-12-2011, 18:26
Iv allways liked the pod meet ever since i cam along to watch on crutches a few years back, the next year i was there with my 5, then the next year i missed it because she was poorly. If theres one this year il be doing my best to make it.

Also id prefer pod, not to far away from me :)

Dave Reed
20-12-2011, 06:55
chuckle chuckle fun fun i think not :p:p:p:p:p:D track is very good not long been relayed

Some new rules.... Red cars are now banned ;);):laugh::laugh: