PDA

View Full Version : Trouble sourcing heater resistor for R5?

Wests Renault
09-12-2011, 10:41
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi Guys

I'm having trouble sourcing a heater resistor for a Renault 5 (1994 M reg - C407). Renault no longer supply this part, can anyone advise where one could be obtained either second hand or new?

Thanks

Tom

Big_O
09-12-2011, 10:59
Scrappy?

http://www.kgbanswers.co.uk/dean-wood-car-spares-aldershot/15365315

this is my local one, used to be a few about but not anymore. Would often get generic 5 parts from campus's etc.

THE MASTER
09-12-2011, 11:00
they are all the same in all the 5's inc the extra van.

one thing that can go wrong with the resistor is the thermistor burns out if the coils get to hot (pops like a fuse) get a multi meter out and measure the resistance, if its gone open circuit it has blown.

replacing or bypassing the thermistor could be an easy cheap fix ;)

Phoenix Autosport
16-12-2011, 19:58
www.find-a-part.com
fill out the form and it goes to breakers all over the uk, they then get in touch if they have what you are after with a price including post :agree:

HEMMO R5T
16-12-2011, 20:50
www.find-a-part.com (http://www.find-a-part.com)
fill out the form and it goes to breakers all over the uk, they then get in touch if they have what you are after with a price including post :agree:

just saved that lonk to my favorites bar...no dought will come in handy :agree:

Phoenix Autosport
16-12-2011, 20:56
just saved that lonk to my favorites bar...no dought will come in handy :agree:
saved me many a time on harder to find parts, obviously with post its generaly cheaper to nip to your local scrappy for anything common though

HEMMO R5T
16-12-2011, 23:33
saved me many a time on harder to find parts, obviously with post its generaly cheaper to nip to your local scrappy for anything common though

yeah ur right, although im not sure where my local scrappy is lol :dearme:

phase i 16 v turbo
17-12-2011, 12:10
Hi I have about 20 heater boxes in one corner of the unit.

www.gt-turbo-spares.co.uk

Thanks
Mike

J$£5GTT
17-12-2011, 17:19
ever took one of those heaters apart,easy'ish but a lot of work for the sake of replacing the resister,id bypass it.
:)

Sparkie
17-12-2011, 23:55
wouldnt it be easier to cut through the plastic grill in situ underneath the fan in the scuttle tray and change the coil of wire without taking the centre console out?

alka5eltzer
06-10-2012, 15:30
First post!

Hi All,

Came across this post on Google...

Having bothers with my Blower resistor... does anyone know a way to check/remove/replace it? The grill/scuttle under the fan (with the motor removed) is stopping me... I can see it but I cant get at it.
My Haynes Manual doesn't mention it at all :confused:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks ;)

alka5eltzer
06-10-2012, 15:32
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

wouldnt it be easier to cut through the plastic grill in situ underneath the fan in the scuttle tray and change the coil of wire without taking the centre console out?
I Sparkie... is this doable? I think I would need to cut a good portion of the grill out to get at it?.. then the motor may not be properly supported?