PDA

View Full Version : Pearl white phase 2 Renault 5 gt turbo

Luke M
05-12-2011, 09:00
Right guys ive been thinking about selling my car on and off for the last six months and have now decided its got to go.

I bought the 18 months ago from a friend who had it in dry storage for seven years.

Ive since buying the car i've had the engine fully rebuilt with new forge piston all new bearing full gasket set and so on the rebuild alone cost £2000.Bearing in mind i work in the motor trade and all the parts were at cost price.

The spec of the car is as follow's

Pearl white 1988 phase 2
72,000 miles with history and old mot's to back this up.
most of the history is either from renault main dealer or prima racing
3 months tax and 12 months mot (just past with no advisory's)

The engine conversion was done by prima racing in 1994 and according to the owner that had it done (ive tracked him down as he had the car in the mid 90's and lives local to me) it was the first one converted by them.

The full engine spec is on my profile as i cant remember it all
from the top of my head its as follows
prima racing 1.7 turbo conversion

1721cc engine over bored to 81.5mm
Low comp forged pistons (secret spec)
lightend bottom end.
Re jetted carb
Re profiled cam
Green cotton air filter and oil breather filter
Tubular exhaust manifold
2 1/4 inch crossover pipe
full one off 2 1/2 inch bore rear exit exhaust with rolled out 3 inch tail pipe.
pace alloy radiator
front mounted intercooler
separate oil cooler
Oil catch tank.
T28 turbo .49 rear

The car makes 231bhp and 268lbs torque @flywheel 18psi.

Ive had done in the last year alone the following
Big brake kit
four new wheel bearings
new ball joints
new track rod ends
two new drive shafts
apex shock and springs -50mm
new heater matrix
four new pirelli p zero nero's.

All the work has been carried out by Jon metz ex torsion tuning

There is to much to list if im honest about the car your best to ring me and i can tell you more as if i try and write down the full spec i'll be here all day.

Will try and upload pictures this week once i wash and polish it for now there are old pictures on my profile.The engine bay picture is a old one and it looks nothing like that now.

Here for now is the review i had done on my car by car journalist Rebecca Jackson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp5uT1n64p4&feature=related

The asking price reflects the condition of the car and the fact id say its possible the only prima racing 1.7 conversion cars left on the road as ive never seen anorther.

£4100 ono

Call or text me on 07939326952 Luke

Russ B
05-12-2011, 14:08
Luke has asked me to host some photo's for him:agree:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s249/RussB5gt/luke1.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s249/RussB5gt/luke2.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s249/RussB5gt/Luke3.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s249/RussB5gt/Luke4.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s249/RussB5gt/Luke5.jpg

I've told him to take some better ones once is had a clean :)

If you want an honest, clean & very fast 5 in a rare colour then this is the car for you. :agree:

This is a very very nice 5 (almost as nice a mine eh Luke.:p)

Luke M
05-12-2011, 14:20
Thanks for putting them up Mr B as said i will get some better ones the weekend. Russ yours almost looks as good as mine mate just a slower version :laugh:

Tom S
05-12-2011, 17:07
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I've got to say guys this is prob the best condition 5 ive seen in a long while with no expense spared when works been done on it and I've had privilege of driving the beast what a
car!! If not for me having two 5 turbo I would have it my self!

Bigfoot
05-12-2011, 17:15

I've got to say guys this is prob the best condition 5 ive seen in a long while with no expense spared when works been done on it and I've had privilege of driving the beast what a

:agree:

Luke M
05-12-2011, 17:20

Thanks Tom for the kind words glad you and Russ have said how clean it is so then people dont have to just take my word for it.Other members has seen it and can vouch for how much i look after it and how clean it is.

Luke M
05-12-2011, 17:21
Thanks Dale

Bigfoot
05-12-2011, 17:26
Thanks Dale

Just hoping you will change your mind again and dont sell as its a nice car, you still after those seats, and any other items?

TOMTOM
05-12-2011, 18:48
I'll back this up also, it ain't no thrown together pile of scrap, it's been done properly, what u see is what u get, shame yr getting rid orse!! But it's a spot on car in all aspects.:)

sammo_gtt
05-12-2011, 19:06
absolutely lovely car, very clean and totally solid, seen it a couple of times, there really aint many if any in this condition... really really good car.. good luck with the sale luke :)

Trevhib
05-12-2011, 19:25
Not often you see pearl white paintwork on a GTT looking so good. Great to see, it's a lovely colour when looked after. :agree:

Luke M
05-12-2011, 21:51
Cheers for all the comments guys nice to know you all think my car is as mint and as clean as I do. Be sad to she her go but needs must.

Luke M
05-12-2011, 21:53
Just hoping you will change your mind again and dont sell as its a nice car, you still after those seats, and any other items?

My mind is made up this time dale. Yeah still need them seats and clock for my mate please.

spinner
05-12-2011, 22:09
Just got to say this is probably the best pearl white 5 out there.If i had my way it would be mine lol hey Luke.But you keep offering it to me at the wrong times let me sell my two or at least one of them lol.I dont want to see this car go at all.But all the best with the sale mate

This car ticks all the right boxes oe looking with a beast of an engine anyone who buys it wont want another one iv been around this car from day one when Luke got it.And luke has done a great job and spent alot of money and nicking parts from my 5s lol. Anyone who knows this car will tell you its the nuts there aint another one out there with Luke's engine and there probably wont be ever (spec wise) this car is the one to have.At 200bhp there aint much that get away from it trust me

Luke M
05-12-2011, 22:20
just gota say this is prob the best peal 5 out there if i had my way it would b mine lol hey luke but u keep offering it to mw at the wrong times let me sell my 2 or at least 1 of them lol i dont want to c this car go at all but i no y all the best with the sale mate

this car ticks all the right boxes oe lookin with a beast of an engine any1 who buys it wont want another 1 iv been around this car from day 1 when luke got it and luke has done a great job and spent alot of money and nickin parts from my 5s lol any1 who knows this car will tell u its the nuts there aint another1 out there with lukes engine and there prob wont b anymore (spec wise) this car is 1 to have. at 200bhp there aint much that get away from it trust me

Cheers dude I still remember you coming with me the day I went to look at it. The day I picked it up and the day I picked it up from the engine rebuild plus it's first mot. Lots of good memory's with this car for me.

Luke M
10-12-2011, 20:57
Now sold