PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Evo VI Tommi Makinen

The new Bill J
30-11-2011, 14:18
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

I didn't know whether to post this on here or not, as I know this isn't a Renault, but there seems to be quite a few people that are into both their Renault's, and Evos (going on the number of people that are past/present members of here and the MLR).

Would anybody be interested in my mate's bargain TME?

2001 Evo VI Tommi Makinen edition
Limited edition, UK car - number 040 of 250 (50 in this colour - Canal Blue)
Private plate included (N40 TME). As the car is number 40
4 previous owners (I've had it for 2 years)
Full service history
Mot,but no tax
56,000 miles
30,000 mile Evo VIII engine fitted 1000 miles ago (supplied by John@EvoBreakers)
New Exedy uprated clutch fitted at the same time as the engine
Blitz Nurspec exhaust, with de-cat
After-market intercooler, with hardpipe kit
2 piece front brake disks

The car is registered as a Cat' D, thanks to someone pulling into it on a dual-carriageway, leaving the car with VERY minor damage. It's yet to be repaired, and requires a front bumper skin, wing, and indicator. There is also very minimal damage to the bonnet, that can be repaired. Also worth noting is that the AYC light is on, due to a suspected pump problem. The car drives fine though (Just a bit tail happy when pushed).

Excluding the damage, it's a good, solid car for it's age. Being a UK car, it was under-sealed from new, and it's still very clean underneath, unlike a lot of rot-boxes that are now out there.

It's also on Ebay, where some pics can be seen:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400259967418?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The car's based in Surrey, near J9 of the M25. You can email my mate (Jamie) on cybacarp@msn.com, or you can pm me for further info. He's after £5250 for it, but he's open to sensible offers.

Mart
01-12-2011, 06:11
Good luck at that price! ;)

Your mate would be better off breaking it, if he's after that much moolah...

philg
01-12-2011, 08:40
I can remember when a good daily mak was 20k, how much do the 6 extremes sell for these days? I loved them apart from the rims, the jap version i think was called a zero fighter white with a red kit, i saw one one at a mlr meet, that was nice :)

Mart
01-12-2011, 09:45
There's an Extreme for sale at the mo for £13k - That's borderline 9gt money.

Mak's have definitely dropped in price over the past couple of years. Maybe people finally now see them in the same light that Raider's are to GTT's ;)

Duncan Grier
01-12-2011, 09:49
I remember seeing an extreme in ralliart dealership in Wolverhampton (I think) MANY years ago and dreaming big turbo power lol

Seems a lot of spec for £13k

DG

The new Bill J
01-12-2011, 09:57
Mart, it's worth £5k all day long. If it's not, then yours is worth about £3k :cooter:

All of the panels are repairable. The bonnet and wing have already been straightened a bit, and the bumper might be getting popped out as well. It's going to get a new indicator, and then it'll be freshly MOT'd. It's already been examined by a tester, and it'll fly through.

He knows he'd get more for it in parts, but he can't be arsed to strip it, plus it's too good. He's getting an Evo X tomorrow as well :cry:. If it doesn't sell, he said he'll stick it in his garage, and use it again next year.

Phil, I think the last Extreme to sell, did so for about £12k. I hate the wheels as well, but to me, an Extreme doesn't look right on anything else.

philg
01-12-2011, 10:01
There's an Extreme for sale at the mo for £13k - That's borderline 9gt money.

Mak's have definitely dropped in price over the past couple of years. Maybe people finally now see them in the same light that Raider's are to GTT's ;)

yeah i think my money would be in a white 9 gt for that sort of cash :agree:

Im sure no two extremes where the same, all built with different specs and power. Some i believe where called an rs450 version.

God i so wanted a tommi mak in silver when i was young :)

The new Bill J
01-12-2011, 10:09
Im sure no two extremes where the same, all built with different specs and power. Some i believe where called an rs450 version.

Iiirc, the basic Extremes were all made the same. It was when you ordered one with an RS450 conversion that you could tailor it to how you wanted. I'd love a 450 - I remember reading the Autocar review on it when it came out, and thought it was awesome :smokin:

Mart
01-12-2011, 10:12
All of the panels are repairable. The bonnet and wing have already been straightened a bit, and the bumper might be getting popped out as well. It's going to get a new indicator, and then it'll be freshly MOT'd. It's already been examined by a tester, and it'll fly through.

You missed out the fecked AYC ;) A couple/few hundred IF it's the pump. Double that if the diff needs replacing, and double that again if he decides to go down the RS route instead.

If the bumper doesn't 'pop out', a genuine replacement will be the thick end of £500...plus painting.

The purists may also argue that it isn't a '6' engine in situ either.

Like I said, good luck :laugh:

The new Bill J
01-12-2011, 10:33
You missed out the fecked AYC ;) A couple/few hundred IF it's the pump. Double that if the diff needs replacing, and double that again if he decides to go down the RS route instead.

If the bumper doesn't 'pop out', a genuine replacement will be the thick end of £500...plus painting.

The purists may also argue that it isn't a '6' engine in situ either.

Like I said, good luck :laugh:

It is the AYC pump - The diff' is fine. Who'd want to 'upgrade' to a basic US Lancer diff'? Oh yea, those who fall for tuner bs :cooter:

It's only the bumper skin that's damaged, and they're £300 new. I was down at the workshop taking pics of the underside yesterday, and a bodyshop bloke turned up, who said the bumper will pop out. Hence, it might be getting done.

It's not the TME engine, but they have suspect rods ;). The VIII engine is well known to be stronger. Anyway, he still has the original engine if anyone wants it thrown in - It's just got a melted piston.

It sounds like you're a potential buyer. If it was you selling it, all of a sudden an AYC pump could be had for £50, a bumper £75, and spraying £12.34 :laugh:

Anyway, you just keep carrying on helping the sale, and why not devalue your own car in the process? :laugh:

Mart
01-12-2011, 10:44
Reel 'em in :laugh:

The new Bill J
01-12-2011, 18:22
It went to a bodyshop today for a quote - £600 to repair/paint the damaged panels :cooter:

raider_gtt
01-12-2011, 18:49
Lovely Evo I would like to own one if I had the money Gd luck

Moggy
01-12-2011, 20:09
i miss my mak! but thats big money for a car that needs work :-( soz bud

The new Bill J
01-12-2011, 20:29
Yea, I suppose. Buy it, and get it all up to scratch, and you could end up with a very good, rock solid, low mileage, UK Tommi Mak, with FSH, for under £6k. That's much too much money :cry:

If it were mine, I'd have it up for £1500. Much more realistic :agree:

steer from the rear
01-12-2011, 21:55
i miss my mak! but thats big money for a car that needs work :-( soz bud

i remember when u bought urs and how long and how much you payed!!! bet ur glad u got shut now moggy! price of fuel and how much these rice rockets are worth now :sad:

Goobie
02-12-2011, 03:43
If it was you selling it, all of a sudden an AYC pump could be had for £50, a bumper £75, and spraying £12.34 :laugh:

:agree::laugh:

Goobie
02-12-2011, 03:44
i remember when u bought urs and how long and how much you payed!!! bet ur glad u got shut now moggy! price of fuel and how much these rice rockets are worth now :sad:

And to think at the time everyone was moaning at 80p per ltr :laugh:

Rare.
02-12-2011, 17:04
think ive got an indicator for an evo VI in my garage lmao, sure its pass side too

Mart
02-12-2011, 20:03
think ive got an indicator for an evo VI in my garage lmao, sure its pass side too

Wouldn't happen to be a clear/frosted one per chance? :)

steer from the rear
04-12-2011, 21:16
And to think at the time everyone was moaning at 80p per ltr :laugh:

i know i remember filling up going bloody fuel costing 1 quid for 1 ltr.......................now look at it! where the bloody road blocks and go slows!!!!! were just bending over while david cameron sticks his nozzle in and does us over with tax :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The new Bill J
10-12-2011, 17:54
Good luck at that price! ;)

***SOLD***

For the asking price :cooter:

Mart
10-12-2011, 19:46
Edit.

A (Hungarian) fool & his money...

:D

The new Bill J
10-12-2011, 21:04
:laugh:

He sent his English business partner to view the car. The second he walked into the workshop, we guessed he/they had bundles of cash. We weren't wrong!