PDA

View Full Version : air lock

ADITEMALLICA
28-11-2011, 23:46
hi everybody, after fitting new oil cooler and alloy rad, what is the best way to get rid of air locks in the water system? do i leave the header tank lid off and bleed screws undone whilst running the car up to temperature?? p.s its a renault 5 gt turbo phase two,,, many thanks y'all:):):)

mightymanx
29-11-2011, 00:22
several ways to do it but ive found the best way is while filling the water system
hold the water tank up as high as you can then undo the bleed screw small hose water pump .1st wait till water runs free then do the same with the top rad hose then take the 5 out for a slowish run wait a few miles then open the bleed screw small hose water pump side close it then top hose then all your air will be gone :agree:

ADITEMALLICA
29-11-2011, 22:55
several ways to do it but ive found the best way is while filling the water system
hold the water tank up as high as you can then undo the bleed screw small hose water pump .1st wait till water runs free then do the same with the top rad hose then take the 5 out for a slowish run wait a few miles then open the bleed screw small hose water pump side close it then top hose then all your air will be gone :agree:

great, thank you so much for that info buddy most kind of you will try all that when i get a chance to work on it again;)

jamie_clioGTT
29-11-2011, 23:19
i just put my mouth round the header tank and blow.. get a mate to udo the bleed screw on the small hose until nothing but coolant flows, then do the same with the top rad hose bleed screw.

always worked for me and takes seconds.

robx1r
30-11-2011, 00:07
i just put my mouth round the header tank and blow.. get a mate to udo the bleed screw on the small hose until nothing but coolant flows, then do the same with the top rad hose bleed screw.

always worked for me and takes seconds.

same here but i have to say the taste of antifreeze is shocking!

ADITEMALLICA
04-12-2011, 20:30
same here but i have to say the taste of antifreeze is shocking!

hahaha thats funny good idea though, and saves money on buying cider to get drunk:)