PDA

View Full Version : idle afr's

Bunje
28-11-2011, 06:57
hi there after rebuilding my carb again and using an ultrasonic cleaner to clean everything apart from being happy with the results my afrs ar now steady at around 15.5 to 16 which i know is still too high. could my oil breather system now be causing the problem. there is a pipe that goes from the rocker cover into the plastic pot thing on the top of the tube then there is one that goes from the pot thing to a t peice then to the back of the manifold but the t peice goes nowhere?
any help would be much appreciated

Alex
28-11-2011, 08:09
Have you tried adjusting the micture screw? Aim for 14.7 ish ;) A pic would be better of your breather set up if you have one.....

SCHWARTZ
28-11-2011, 08:14
Also check for air leaks. Get some easy start spray it around when running and see If the idle changes.

Bunje
28-11-2011, 08:36
yeh sorry forgot to mention that i did adjus the mixture screw the engine revs and noise changes but the afrs only moved slightly and the mixture screw is brand new only put in once the carb was back on the car

Bunje
05-12-2011, 10:07
sorry still havent had chance to go and get a picture of my breather setup. but can someone explain where the oil breather pipes should go and where the restrictors should be because there are no restrictors at all in mine

Bunje
05-12-2011, 12:42
or can i just get rid of them and run the pipe from the rocker and the black pot thing to a catch tank

GTphil
05-12-2011, 13:42
or can i just get rid of them and run the pipe from the rocker and the black pot thing to a catch tank

Yes you can have your oil brather set up like that, i don't even bother with a catch tank, just bung a oil breather filter on top of the pot;)

Unless it blows a lot of oil? In that case some sort of catch tank would be better:agree:

Bunje
05-12-2011, 14:11
ok cool thanks for the reply saves me keep messing with it and tidys my bay up abit aswell