PDA

View Full Version : campus 1.4 tunning

wiggy-wsm
22-11-2011, 19:03
ello any one out here know what sort of engine tune'ing i could do to my 1.4 campus 91 phese 2 renault 5 other then swaping engines

Robbo
22-11-2011, 19:16
the master is the man

SCHWARTZ
22-11-2011, 21:50
swap car:wasntme:

Sam Fish
22-11-2011, 21:55
I drove a 1.4 campus in France in the summer and it was GREAT. The servo brakes where amazing, and it was really pretty quick! I really fancied one with some GT Turbo suspension. What MPG can you get out of it?? The perfect cheap daily?
But then I chug around in a 1.1 Mk1 TL!

There must be a different carb or inlet/exhaust you could fit. Dont ask me though :ashamed:

SCHWARTZ
22-11-2011, 22:08
what about a n/a gordini head:scratch::D

Sparkie
23-11-2011, 00:17
ello any one out here know what sort of engine tune'ing i could do to my 1.4 campus 91 phese 2 renault 5 other then swaping engines

is it mono point injection or carb?
you could raise the compression, by skimming the head up to about 11:1
then you can fiddle with the advance, by making the tdc sensor adjustable.
trying to get some sort of ram air effect may help.

wiggy-wsm
23-11-2011, 20:31
cheers guys and its carb and am only asking about this as i am siting on the fance as what to do whit it ive owned for nerly 7 years come may and it needs a bit of tlc so bring it back to its former glory but i all so would like a turbo but knowing what ill be like whit it il prob end up blowing up more then once :D so i thinking might just go about tune this one up and then get some gt seats and new front and rear bummpers and take dents out and repsray :)

old skool turbo power
23-11-2011, 22:53
I drove a 1.4 campus in France in the summer and it was GREAT. The servo brakes where amazing, and it was really pretty quick! I really fancied one with some GT Turbo suspension. What MPG can you get out of it?? The perfect cheap daily?
But then I chug around in a 1.1 Mk1 TL!

There must be a different carb or inlet/exhaust you could fit. Dont ask me though :ashamed:

The car itself wasnt bad and never let me down was a good little car.
i had lowered it 35 mm at the front and then 45mm and the back on fox alloys.everythink swaped over part from the engine.
on country roads handled well and even around the odd street corners:laugh:
i think mpg i got was about at the time was bout (30 mpg ish)but it was good though.:agree:

THE MASTER
24-11-2011, 12:59
get a twin choke inlet manifold. i think an injection mani would work or one from a type one 5 ts/tx. and fit a twin choke carb weber 24/24 type

also a points dizzy would help with tunning ;)

markey b
24-11-2011, 13:52
get a twin choke inlet manifold. i think an injection mani would work or one from a type one 5 ts/tx. and fit a twin choke carb weber 24/24 type

also a points dizzy would help with tunning ;)

i have a twin choke manifold

wiggy-wsm
24-11-2011, 22:52
loveing this idear all ready and it all ready has the point dizzy cap so would just need to get a twin choke inlet manifold and a injection mani if it would work or one fa type 5 ts/tx and fit a twin choke carb weber 24/24 type as said above and a nice stainless exhaust system and some one whit know how and price then get some gt seats new bummpers and fresh lick of paint :)