PDA

View Full Version : turbo

ADITEMALLICA
21-11-2011, 21:07
hi again, another silly question about me renault 5 gt turbo,,,
the short hose that comes off the bottom of the turbo, is that an oil or water hose? and what bore size is the rubber hose so i can find a silicon version as mine looks like its starting to split? thanks sooooo much you are all very helpful:)

Tony Walker
21-11-2011, 21:13
oil return connects to a metal pipe that goes to another rubber bend on to the sump. phs1 and 2 are different, i think 19 and 21mm but not 100%

ADITEMALLICA
21-11-2011, 21:20
oil return connects to a metal pipe that goes to another rubber bend on to the sump. phs1 and 2 are different, i think 19 and 21mm but not 100%

smart thanks tony, mine is a standard phase two turbo so would that be 21mm? maybe i could use a dump valve silicon pipe the short pipe that connects the dump valve to the metal t-piece??:confused::coffee:

Tony Walker
21-11-2011, 21:27
its not under alot of pressure so whatever you can get to reach can bodge it but..... bear in mind std rubber hose will not last long with oil flowing through it. i dont think the pipes cost alot in silicone form.

ADITEMALLICA
21-11-2011, 21:29
its not under alot of pressure so whatever you can get to reach can bodge it but..... bear in mind std rubber hose will not last long with oil flowing through it. i dont think the pipes cost alot in silicone form.

fantastic thanks tony you da man very much apreciated :):):)

tom t
22-11-2011, 08:03
as tony has said i wouldnt leave it bodged for long especially if the hose you use isnt going to have a nice smooth bend in it. definatley buy a 90 degree samco oil hose