GazR5
21-11-2011, 19:51
Hi guys and gals.

Does anyone have info on setting and
Fitting coilovers.

Thanks gary

tiff_lee
21-11-2011, 21:55
Setting them will just be a case of winding the spring seat up and down to adjust height.

Last post of this thread has some good pictures says it all really.

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?p=242589#post242589

stu21t
22-11-2011, 07:36
Technically you need to corner weight the car to do it properly.
On mine before i did mine the drivers rear wheel used to spin and turn the car sideways.
I corner weighted it and found out there was no weight on that wheel.
Whay you do is wind the platform up/down to increase/decrease weight on that wheel.
After doing it i equalled the weight on the rear wheels and near enough stopped wheel spin, even when it did spin it did it in a straight line.
You can also increase/decrease understeer by adding/subtracting weight on the from wheels.

Think of a table with 4 legs, if 1 leg is short the table will wonble, cars the same.

Rob@Backyardracing
22-11-2011, 07:51
As stu has said thats the gerneral way corner weighting is done, dont be shocked to see 50kg plus weight difference across an axle, winding this out will just change the spring rating from each corner which will also make the car drive bad. The best way would be to move the body of the car by spacing the struts but thats not really an easy option... Just a tip spend more time tuning diagonals to 50% then axles.. ... The answer is allways in tyre temps ;)