PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding a valver's power steering??

alex barker
19-11-2011, 12:27
Iv had to change the subframe and removed the rack and pump ext...

It's all bk together, but know mater how hard a try it won't bleed and is still very heavy!!! Any1 got any good suggestions?? I'm really stumped lol

R5TURBORON
19-11-2011, 12:55
Have you ran the engine with the power steering res cap off and made sure oil level is correct. Then turned lock to lock a few times

alex barker
19-11-2011, 14:41
Have you ran the engine with the power steering res cap off and made sure oil level is correct. Then turned lock to lock a few times

Yep over and over again the got bored lol

Robbo
19-11-2011, 16:22

:agree: thats what i did, dont think there is any other way of doing it?

jaffa
21-11-2011, 20:59
have the pipes gone back on the right way pal? best to go back to basics and work from there.:)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
21-11-2011, 22:34
I found the best way to bleed the rack and pipework, was to jack up the car and stick it on axle stands, fill the reservoir with fluid, then turn the wheels from lock to lock manually, without running the engine to force the air out of the system. By doing it that way you don't cavitate the air in the pump and aerate the fluid, making it noisey.
Of course that is assuming the pump isn't fooked and its all back together correctly.