PDA

View Full Version : ebay/paypal headache

djinuk
17-11-2011, 11:51
ok .. will keep it simple..

Sold some wheels super cheap on ebay.. came with tyres but listed them as old and id advise they be changed but that they hold air.

whels sold,, but i noticed some were not holding air for longer than a few days.. before sending them i told the customer this and he said he would sooner a refund but that he appreciates me being honest. I processed a full refund immediatly, however i did not have all the funds in paypal.

Paypal draws from by bank account as per usual (cash in there) , but process it as an echeque that takes 5/10 days (first time ive seen that). I tell the customer and apologise, aswell as give him my mobile number should he wish to contact me.

5 days later i have a message saying he will check to see if its in his paypal/bank account and if its not hes reporting me to ebay ?????

Bloody nightmare, u try to do the right thing but have nothing but agro.

5alldaway
17-11-2011, 13:53
oh dear!

phase i 16 v turbo
17-11-2011, 17:12
I feel for you. I got negative feedback the other day, even though ebay said they could remove it, now they can't.

djinuk
17-11-2011, 17:21
Ive pretty much took it on the chin now as ill recieve the negative feedback.

A small part of me is wondering if the buyer is trying to pull a fast one now and still claim he hasnt recieved the money.

Ive actually suggested he opens a dispute, as i can then provide the transaction ids etc and that way it should clear up any issues.

phase i 16 v turbo
17-11-2011, 17:53
Ive pretty much took it on the chin now as ill recieve the negative feedback.

A small part of me is wondering if the buyer is trying to pull a fast one now and still claim he hasnt recieved the money.

Ive actually suggested he opens a dispute, as i can then provide the transaction ids etc and that way it should clear up any issues.

You can start the dispute in PayPal which will insure your money is tracked. Even if you get the neg feedback you can prove the transfer of the money.

djinuk
17-11-2011, 17:59
well ive actually refunded directly though paypal anyway , so im going to presume thats all the tracking it needs.

Ive got all the transaction and refund referances , ive even sent them the guy, just feeling a bit fishy now if im entirely honest.

modfather
17-11-2011, 18:22
surely you can tell if the payment has gone through by viewing the paypal transaction

djinuk
18-11-2011, 11:35
phew, hes confirmed he has the cash finally..

probably still get crap feedback but lets see.

Junglist
19-11-2011, 07:50
ebay and paypal grip my sh~t