PDA

View Full Version : refitting windscreen

djinuk
15-11-2011, 15:32
My r5 will soon be back from teh bodyshop however it wont have a fitted screen.

I will have the screen adn teh seal that came out. Can theses be used? or is there a modern better seal to use, maybe somthing that allows it to be popped in and out rather than bonded?

BluntyR5GTT
15-11-2011, 15:59
im sure i read somewhere that people have used ford transit window seals on there r5

phase i 16 v turbo
15-11-2011, 16:08
Yes, the fitters will use what they call a universal one much thicker than the OE unit, some think it looks better others disagree.

djinuk
15-11-2011, 16:26
hmm.. could do with seeing pics of both..

any offers..

Personally i would prefer a pop in pop out.. but not if it sacrifices looks.

SCHWARTZ
15-11-2011, 21:10
think the screens have to be bonded no option for it to be held in by just a seal also you would prob loose some rigidity too. transit seals look good matey think rob (turbo ted) has it done.

Quiet-Pete
16-11-2011, 18:30
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

yo dude i got my mate at auto glass to suplie and fit a new windscreen for 100, the only thing i had to get/ keep was the metaly rubber bit that goes round the sharp edge of the windscreen. it kinda helps keep the windscreen in place i was told, my mate did say that it wouldn't have mad a difference if it was there or not, because he could have bonded up the difference, and u dont see it (although i knew it wouldn't have been there ), he used all new outer seals and so on,

Markey Mark (BD)
16-11-2011, 18:44
hmm.. could do with seeing pics of both..

any offers..

Personally i would prefer a pop in pop out.. but not if it sacrifices looks.

The windscreen has to be bonded in mate, but use either the standard gt seal or the transit one that few people use