PDA

View Full Version : 72.3mm head?

djinuk
14-11-2011, 21:08
is this not virtually scrap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-5-GT-TURBO-CYLINDER-HEAD-MODIFIED-PORTED-POLISHED-NEWLY-SKIMMED-/160678844253?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item256934975d

Markey Mark (BD)
14-11-2011, 21:15
That is very thin, that'll either need some dished pistons or the combustion chamber machined out abit to bring comp down abit as that'll be very high

djinuk
14-11-2011, 21:17
was only wondering, not going to bid.. can just see it going for silly £££ due to the amount of folks not on the rtoc and therefore blistfully unaware of the consequences..

Give it a few weeks, lots of boost and one more yob flogging a dead r5 ;)

raider_gtt
14-11-2011, 21:51
was only wondering, not going to bid.. can just see it going for silly £££ due to the amount of folks not on the rtoc and therefore blistfully unaware of the consequences..

Give it a few weeks, lots of boost and one more yob flogging a dead r5 ;)

Yea but this is cgb all over everyone knows he will Sell any old crap! I would never buy off him ever again:eek:

michael tierney
14-11-2011, 22:09
if ur going efi then it wont be much of an issue....u have better timing control for detonation!!
ur pic up will be improved on a higher comp!

Purple_rob
14-11-2011, 22:39
Yea but this is cgb all over everyone knows he will Sell any old crap! I would never buy off him ever again:eek:

Not true, I've had some great parts from cgb.

Tony Walker
14-11-2011, 22:47
Std engine im sure would be fine.

jamie_clioGTT
14-11-2011, 23:01
he has advertised as spares or repairs to be fair to them.. ive only ever brought new from cgb but have never had any problems and they are willing to give advice.

Brigsy
14-11-2011, 23:09
Ive weighed in thicker heads than that.

Ian S
15-11-2011, 00:50
If I recall correctly my last C1J head was 72mm. Worked very well. Using dished pistons I ran a slightly higher compression ratio.

I wanted to use the dished piston in an attempt to increase swirl, but didn't want to lower the compression ratio.

The pistons would have taken it down to maybe 7.4:1. I ended up with 8:1

raider_gtt
15-11-2011, 01:29
Not true, I've had some great parts from cgb.

Count ya self lucky then I have bought a few things from him and all been listed wrong bought a gt turbo front mount intercooler didnt list the alu pipes had been cut up in pices and sent me a Alu petrol cap with no key as it was badly package wouldnt refund me as well end up going tho PayPal claim :cry::cry: not even a sorry out of the tosser thats y I would never buy again from him plus other parts

BluntyR5GTT
15-11-2011, 05:42
iv never had any problems with cgb when iv had bits from there

phase i 16 v turbo
15-11-2011, 08:50
The last ported and polished head I put on ebay I got £49 for it couldn't believe it.

Bigfoot
15-11-2011, 09:02
Count ya self lucky then I have bought a few things from him and all been listed wrong bought a gt turbo front mount intercooler didnt list the alu pipes had been cut up in pices and sent me a Alu petrol cap with no key as it was badly package wouldnt refund me as well end up going tho PayPal claim :cry::cry: not even a sorry out of the tosser thats y I would never buy again from him plus other parts

Maybe its the way you come across to people, person I know purchased a gearbox off bob and when swapped over he kept jumping out of gear, so he sent another one straight away with no worries, plus ordered a set of piston kit from him but didn't like the look of them so sent them back and in the end Mike sorted him out, after a bit of trouble with the new kits, but in the end got there and engine is now back together looking great

Gttnutter
15-11-2011, 09:03
Can't remember what one of my old heads were but below 72.3 for sure. As mark mentioned I had the combustion chambers modified. Cost a fair price and I wouldn't do it again due to that reason. Still going strong now though I believe.

raider_gtt
15-11-2011, 12:03
Maybe its the way you come across to people, person I know purchased a gearbox off bob and when swapped over he kept jumping out of gear, so he sent another one straight away with no worries, plus ordered a set of piston kit from him but didn't like the look of them so sent them back and in the end Mike sorted him out, after a bit of trouble with the new kits, but in the end got there and engine is now back together looking great

all good then cgb have lost my custom and i have bought a few things of mike gt turbo spares and never had a problem and all ways been spot on so i will keep buying from him :D

robx1r
06-12-2011, 07:01
bit of a thread revival here, 2 things really
my head is 71mm yet it ran fine ok it has a 1.9mm HG? but should i be concerned?

and cgb bob has been nothing but a gent to me and had parts over here very quick

RussellT
06-12-2011, 07:59
My experience is nothing but great service over many years from CGB. I would hapily recommend him to other RTOC members.