PDA

View Full Version : Clio 172 heater fault - any Renault techs come across this

Markey Mark (BD)
08-11-2011, 19:51
Recently i've had a problem with my climate control/heater controls in my Clio 172 and wonder if anyone can shed some light

Yesterday went out in car i had to clear windows so pressed windscreen button which activates the air con, i accidently touched the recirc button when switching it off and now my fans will not adjust speed at all and when i switch the whole lot off the fans go full power! :confused: God knows what i did or what happened but since hitting that button i not been able to either adjust fan speed or turn it all off (only time turns off is with ignition off)

I'm not very good with new car electrics, anyone come across this especially people in the trade? If its a simple fix be good to know as i would rather fix this myself then send it to a garage

Scoff
08-11-2011, 20:13
fan resistor packs fail commonly I heard, but that might be a bit tricky to test without plugging a known worker in. Robbie has a 172 he's breaking, he might let you pinch the pack for test purposes ?

Markey Mark (BD)
08-11-2011, 20:23
fan resistor packs fail commonly I heard, but that might be a bit tricky to test without plugging a known worker in. Robbie has a 172 he's breaking, he might let you pinch the pack for test purposes ?

Ah cool mate, i'll have alook in that area.

Will give Robbie a pm see if he's still got it, hoping the phase 1 and 2 cars don't use different parts in that area.

Gttnutter
09-11-2011, 08:28
In the scuttle area is the fan resister mark. I had this go on the white 172..infact it never worked when i bought it :wasntme:

Io think they differ for aircon / non aircon models.

I picked mine up from the breakers, but they are around 30 odd on egay :agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
09-11-2011, 16:33
In the scuttle area is the fan resister mark. I had this go on the white 172..infact it never worked when i bought it :wasntme:

Io think they differ for aircon / non aircon models.

I picked mine up from the breakers, but they are around 30 odd on egay :agree:

I've just found out normal and climic control cars have different resister packs, been told mines a Renault only part :crap:

Ah well, i will try find somewhere that may have one rather then paying the £106 one from Renault

tom t
09-11-2011, 16:41
definatley the resistor, was the only problem we had on are 182. try www.cit-ren.co.uk (http://www.cit-ren.co.uk)
if you cant get one elsewhere i think they will deliver aswell.

Markey Mark (BD)
09-11-2011, 18:05
definatley the resistor, was the only problem we had on are 182. try www.cit-ren.co.uk (http://www.cit-ren.co.uk)
if you cant get one elsewhere i think they will deliver aswell.

Cheers for the link mate, sent request to them as no luck as yet.

Spooky
09-11-2011, 21:50
Defo the resistor as my 172 had this issue.

Spooky
09-11-2011, 21:51
Oh the resistors are different for ph1 and ph2 cars :D

Bass J
10-11-2011, 20:59
Heater resistor mark ..under the scuttle on the drivers side :) ...try unplugging it ..and giving the connections a clean ...had the same problem with my sisters car ...cleaning the connections and giving the resistor a few taps ..seemed to sort it! ;)