PDA

View Full Version : Brakes!!!

HendyR5
04-11-2011, 11:41
Took the 5 out a spin ystrday and when a pushed down the brake pedal it never went all the way down. Felt like the ignition was off :scratch: Anyways is sorted itself out now today av went out and its constant, feels like its only the back brakes thats working :crap:

Anyone got any ideas on what to check?? :brickwall:

djinuk
04-11-2011, 11:47
check brake servo pipe for leaks possibly..

or obviously check brake fluid.

HendyR5
04-11-2011, 11:53
didnt notice any leaks, but forgot to check fluid haha (still learning) :agree:

HendyR5
04-11-2011, 14:15
check brake servo pipe for leaks possibly..

or obviously check brake fluid.

Brake fluids filled rite to the top, no leaks as far as can see, could it be a siezed pad or disk???

Dave Reed
04-11-2011, 16:14
Brake fluids filled rite to the top, no leaks as far as can see, could it be a siezed pad or disk???

Hopefully you mean to the max line, not right to the top!

Other thing to check is, the 1 way valve on the back of the inlet manifold.

SCHWARTZ
04-11-2011, 16:33
Press down on the brake pedal and start the engine. If the pedal drops down means the servo is working add giving assistance.

HendyR5
04-11-2011, 17:07
Hopefully you mean to the max line, not right to the top!

Other thing to check is, the 1 way valve on the back of the inlet manifold.

Haha yip i mean right to the max line! Had a look at the one way valve no signs of any leak....:scratch:

HendyR5
04-11-2011, 17:12
Press down on the brake pedal and start the engine. If the pedal drops down means the servo is working add giving assistance.

Yip it does this schwartz, drops a little but again still feels like the ignition is off :(
Going to get wheels of 2moro and have a look at disks n pads! The joys :sad2:

Dave Reed
04-11-2011, 17:32
Haha yip i mean right to the max line! Had a look at the one way valve no signs of any leak....:scratch:

Good good, thought I'd check....

With regards to the one way valve, your not going to just look at it and tell if it's working.. You need to take the pipe of the goes to the servo and either, remove it from the manifold, Or connect a long bit of pipe to it and suck/blow on it (obviously with the car NOT running)

HendyR5
04-11-2011, 22:17
Good good, thought I'd check....

With regards to the one way valve, your not going to just look at it and tell if it's working.. You need to take the pipe of the goes to the servo and either, remove it from the manifold, Or connect a long bit of pipe to it and suck/blow on it (obviously with the car NOT running)

Dnt think av got the know how for this haha wouldnt want to attempt it as am sure it would all go pete tong :cry: got ma mate coming round 2moro so we'll check then :/