PDA

View Full Version : still having runnning issues

Bunje
31-10-2011, 06:49
hi there
i still cannot get my car to idle properley. i fitted my AEM Uego this weekend after rebulding my carb i cannot get the afrs right at all after reading various threads on here. when i start the car the the reading on th afrs creeps upto about 17 when i adjust the mixture screw it has no effect what so ever. so i though i may have an air leak after what i have read. i have no air leak from the carb and no leaks from the exhaust can anyone point me in the right direct as to how i can sort this. could it be the oil breather setup and could someone tell me how it should be piped up because it just doesnt look right to me. sorry for the long post but any help would be much appreciated

R5TURBORON
31-10-2011, 07:32
Take the mixture screw out and make sure the tip hasn't snapped and the o ring is ok. Also try cleaning the idle jet

Bunje
31-10-2011, 08:07
forgot to put that in there i have taken the mixture screw out and it seems to be in tact i ordered another anyway just to make sure and the o ring is present and ive cleaned the idle jet about 10 times lol

Markey Mark (BD)
31-10-2011, 17:29
Are you sure an old piece of mixture screw is not stuck in the bottom of the carb base, i think you have problem there if it doesn't do anything when you adjust mixture screw

Bunje
01-11-2011, 08:09
mark im pretty sure the mixture screw is still in tact and complete because ive only just rebuilt the carb a week ago i have ordered another so ill whip the carb off and have a check to see if its not stuck in there and then change it and then ill go from there

Nayls
01-11-2011, 11:29
put a pic up your breather pipework

Bunje
01-11-2011, 11:58
will do as soon as i get home

Bunje
01-11-2011, 14:28
what should the pipework look like just so that when i get home if there is anything obvious i will be able to see it

Brigsy
01-11-2011, 18:09
Check the mixture screw and clean the idle jet out.