PDA

View Full Version : A favour needed!

LiamR
30-10-2011, 18:20
I am trying to restore my 5 back to its former glory :)

Am on a bit of a budget - so does anyone local to me have an engine crane that I could borrow please? Id be happy to donate a few beer tokens.

Thanks.

raider_gtt
30-10-2011, 18:52
I am trying to restore my 5 back to its former glory :)

Am on a bit of a budget - so does anyone local to me have an engine crane that I could borrow please? Id be happy to donate a few beer tokens.

Thanks.

You don't need one see if any one has a pool table lift thats how I done mine put it under the sub frame and wind it up then drop it as a whole wind it down and lift the car over just a little bit of the slam panel job done

SCHWARTZ
30-10-2011, 19:23
2 blokes can just lift the engine out. Or you could drop the whole subframe with a trolley jack and plank of wood.;)

dingo22033774
30-10-2011, 19:28
Hello mate i dont own one myself but can borrow one from a friend. only weekend use really tho as he uses it during the week for work. If thats any good to ya pm me your number and ill give you a ring

jamie_8
30-10-2011, 21:22
You don't need one see if any one has a pool table lift thats how I done mine put it under the sub frame and wind it up then drop it as a whole wind it down and lift the car over just a little bit of the slam panel job done

That sounds like a great idea, wish I'd thought of that one. :rolleyes:

Alternately, use the right tool for the job and borrow an engine crane. I'm sure there's someone near you that can help you out.

Get in touch with your regional rep, they will be more than happy to point you in the right direction. :)

raider_gtt
30-10-2011, 22:07
That sounds like a great idea, wish I'd thought of that one. :rolleyes:

Alternately, use the right tool for the job and borrow an engine crane. I'm sure there's someone near you that can help you out.

Get in touch with your regional rep, they will be more than happy to point you in the right direction. :)

Done the job for me! No problem then you can build the engine back up again and just wheel it under the car and screw it back up in to place again