PDA

View Full Version : Tyre fitting

Tony Walker
28-10-2011, 20:56
Anybody on hear run or own a tyre fitting workshop?

Im in the process of setting my own up, any advice would be appreciated.

djinuk
28-10-2011, 21:01
learn to fit stretched tyres but make sure you take no liability for if they go wrong..

Only reason i ask is tyre fitters that are carefull and fit stretch tyres will get lots of the vw boys etc who order all kinds of expensive funny sized tyres.

V Man
28-10-2011, 21:37
Anybody on hear run or own a tyre fitting workshop?

Im in the process of setting my own up, any advice would be appreciated.

I looked into it years ago when I bought a big petrol compressor and I had a contact to get part worn Tyres imported from Germany. Are you going to do.something similar? Local Guy to me doing it has had lambos, ferarri s the lot so money to be made!

Sparkie
28-10-2011, 23:09
We (GSF Garage Equipment) can sell you all the kit you need.

you'll need a tyre machine with an assist arm.
a medium range balancer will do.

don't think a chinese machine will do you though, esp if you are gonna be doing alot of tyres.

we deal with tecalemit, bradbury, hofmann megaplan, auto 4 etc etc ;)

we can get consumables too.

if you call 0121 749 8801 and ask for Mark or Peter. (i'll put you onto Peter as he knows his stuff. i'm more the consumables side )

Tony Walker
28-10-2011, 23:10
Probably not part worns to be honest, theres not many places local to me fitting them and its a service we need to provide as were sending customers to places that can fit them and can also carry out MOT's cheaper than we do.
I have no overheads, will just be using my own unit machines are around £4-5k
tyres i have good suppliers and can be competitive but not make a fortune really. i know theres more money in part worns but i'd rather fit new than part worns.

Tony Walker
28-10-2011, 23:16
This is the fitter ive been looking at.
hoffman ive been trying to get prices on but my snapon dealer has literally taken over a month to get back to me. useless
Bradbury ive seen and it didnt look too great.

Its the TCE 4420 with the TCE 300 assist arm.

Sparkie
29-10-2011, 19:46
our new magazine comes out this week, it'll have all our latest deals on all manufacturers. It includes prices and we can do lease too.
we also sell Bosch btw ;)

give me a shout next week, and ill send you one out.

we can quote you on hofmann pretty much immediately. lol

Tony Walker
29-10-2011, 20:21
Cheers mark ill give you guys a ring monday, snapon got back to me friday too.