PDA

View Full Version : bloody hell a bit upset just now!!!

jaffa
23-10-2011, 14:18
just catchin up with moto gp and just seen my fav rider marco simoncelli in a fatal race accident on lap 1!!!!!!!!!!!shocked to say the least......................thoughts to his girlfriend and family sad really sad......:(

youngscottie
23-10-2011, 15:03
gutted about this
had high hopes for marco next season
he was just getting better and better ever race in gp
very sad time for moto gp fans

jaffa
23-10-2011, 15:06
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=74&t=1068386&mid=85372&i=20&nmt=Marco+Simoncelli+%2D+RIP&mid=85372

Mart
23-10-2011, 15:40
Cr8p week for motorsport :( Sickening crash.

RIP Sideshow.

JRP
23-10-2011, 17:05
Not nice to see, and thats a true loss to MGP, bad week in motorsport :(

Alex
23-10-2011, 17:12
Really tragic day for motorsport. When I saw the crash I thought I saw his helmet rolling away but I said to myself surely not..... unfortunately it was indeed his helmet. I think that just shows how hard the crash was.
I must say my heart goes out to Colin Edwards also as that will likely be his last ever race.

Last weekend Dan Wheldon now Marco........ really sad :(

Pigsnake
23-10-2011, 17:31
Really tragic day for motorsport. When I saw the crash I thought I saw his helmet rolling away but I said to myself surely not..... unfortunately it was indeed his helmet. I think that just shows how hard the crash was.
I must say my heart goes out to Colin Edwards also as that will likely be his last ever race.

Last weekend Dan Wheldon now Marco........ really sad :(
Can't believe it, Marco was an awesome rider .just read an interview with Steve parish sayin he wouldn't b surprised if Rossi retired now.Hope not .can't imagine how Rossi and Colin are feeli:confused:ng now .I feel for them.

The new Bill J
23-10-2011, 17:40
When I saw the crash I thought I saw his helmet rolling away but I said to myself surely not..... unfortunately it was indeed his helmet. I think that just shows how hard the crash was.

I have read more than one report say that it looked like Rossi's front wheel hit his helmet, which smashed and came off. It was an absolutely horrible accident - You have to feel for all involved :(

I'm not a huge follower of Moto GP, but I hear that Marco and Rossi were really close friends.

RIP Marco, and of course Dan Wheldon as well. Not a very nice 7 days for motorsport.

Karlos
23-10-2011, 17:52
Not good at all :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SCNsHpXWHg

jaffa
23-10-2011, 18:31
I have read more than one report say that it looked like Rossi's front wheel hit his helmet, which smashed and came off. It was an absolutely horrible accident - You have to feel for all involved :(

I'm not a huge follower of Moto GP, but I hear that Marco and Rossi were really close friends.

RIP Marco, and of course Dan Wheldon as well. Not a very nice 7 days for motorsport.

personally i dont think rossi touched him.....but those 2 was good mates so he will be inconsolable..as will colin.:(

Mart
23-10-2011, 18:37
If Rossi didn't hit Marco's head (which I personally think he did), then for sure Edwards' front wheel smashed into his back/spine, so it wasn't going to be a great outcome either way.

Let's hope the 'everything comes in threes' shpiel doesn't show face at the Indian GP...

car.crash
23-10-2011, 18:47
very very sad news this. he was a great rider and getting better with every race. this picture shows both rossi and edwards colliding with him. rip young man.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/23/article-0-0E7EC8AC00000578-723_634x419.jpg

jaffa
23-10-2011, 18:51
doctored photo imo i cant see at any point marcos bike upright as i the photo....but anyway...doesnt make any difference im sure it will be investigated.

modfather
23-10-2011, 19:02
we saw that crash looks worse than in the pic.

i take it he died then :(

Ryan p
23-10-2011, 19:23
that pic has been faked from what iv seen edwards bike crushed him between the two bikes then his own bike went over him either way im absolutly gutted buy it such a talented rider taken before he hit his prime dont think its hit home yet. RIP Marco u will be missed the world over

Adam 005
23-10-2011, 21:18
:cry::cry:Gutted:cry:RIP

SP33DY
23-10-2011, 23:49
I'm absolutely gutted, I was watching it live this morning when it happened and when his helmet came off and he slid down the track face down completely motionless I felt physically sick. Both Edwards and Rossi hit him. But from the camera angle that I saw it looked as though Rossi provided the impact that tore his helmet off.

He was easily the most entertaining character in MotoGP and my favorite racer by far, its such a shame, he was maturing into a really fast consistent rider and I think next year with him being a big lad he could of really shone on the 1000. :(

R.I.P Marco #58