PDA

View Full Version : hopefully my last question on wideband!

jamie_clioGTT
22-10-2011, 16:42
Good evening fellow rtocers..

Just a quick one..

How settled should my wideband gauge be? Got an aem one brought from the main man scoff himself..

Ticking over it cruises from 13 to 14

Cruising is around the same but on the downrev it goes off the scale for lean and I'm getting 11 readings and pretty much everything..

On boost I'm about 10 to 11..

Any advice? Thanks dudes..

Markey Mark (BD)
22-10-2011, 16:47
Good evening fellow rtocers..

Just a quick one..

How settled should my wideband gauge be? Got an aem one brought from the main man scoff himself..

Ticking over it cruises from 13 to 14

Cruising is around the same but on the downrev it goes off the scale for lean and I'm getting 11 readings and pretty much everything..

On boost I'm about 10 to 11..

Any advice? Thanks dudes..

It will flutter about abit when on idle or driving, when lifting off yes they do lean out abit. Idle and cruising looks about right if you got it around the 14-14.5 mark.

As for the on boost thats abit rich, have any of your carb jets been changed?

jamie_clioGTT
22-10-2011, 16:54
Always the first to help out mark! What a ledgend!

No mate. Is a totally standard carb I believe?. I should be aiming for around 12s on boost shouldn't I?

My mixture screw is almost all the way out and the slightest turn knocks my afrs mental on tickover?

Thanks pal.

djinuk
22-10-2011, 20:11
bear in mind the mixture screw will only alter the afr's on idle, nowhere else. I would maybe run slightly more boost and see how she fairs jamie, thats quite rich at wot.. but are you revving it as high as you would usually.. As in if you rev the car to 7k you want to make sure it dosent lean off all the way to 7k...

You want to aim at know higher than 12.1 at wot.. i think mines hitting about 11.7 which im happy enough with,

jamie_clioGTT
22-10-2011, 20:23
ahh rite.. erm im not sure about the revs tbh.. will have another play tommorow.. ta dude