PDA

View Full Version : What should i be expecting from my R5

djinuk
17-11-2008, 10:26
Well just wondering really what I am to expect once i bring my r5 out, ive not drove it yet, it will be running standard t2 , with probably 14psi , going on what similar peeps seem to be running. For my first 2 years of driving ive always been into my 205's , and of course this is my first time driving a turbo.. So anybody want to share with me the diffrences i am to expect. Also feel free to share what makes you enjoy driving the r5's so much.

Shane P
17-11-2008, 10:46
Expect to hit full boost by 3k and enjoy :smokin:

djinuk
17-11-2008, 14:17
i look forward to it then :)

dj13
17-11-2008, 14:26
Expect

A big rush of adrenalin. Followed by a big smile/grin.

Possibliy followed by a lamp post or brick wall. Or flashing blue lights(if your not carefull.):agree:

Chris Hebden
17-11-2008, 15:15
Expect

A big rush of adrenalin. Followed by a big smile/grin.

Possibliy followed by a lamp post or brick wall. Or flashing blue lights(if your not carefull.):agree:

Thats helpful!?

If your havent driven a turbo drive FWD car then read up on understeer, and take it very easy to begin with matey! Look further down the road than you usually do also because you will be their alot quicker from now on! Enjoy the ride, these cars are great fun!

djinuk
17-11-2008, 16:03
ahh wkd, look forward to it, well my pugs around 130bhp and the lift of understear is very common in them, so im guessing its similar in a way. Really look forward to it though, although not sure if i will have the confidence in it taht i currently have in my pugs.

5alldaway
17-11-2008, 18:44
the offer still stands if u wanted to take mine round the block a few times, expect lots of idiots tail gating, lots of people turning their heads as u drive past, some middle finger salutes, HEADGASKET comments from people who aint old enough to drive, wooooo i had one of them comments

i went from a 1.1 rover metro to my 5 and it was like time travel fast, u have the standard turbo which will feel nice, responsive and very usable on the streets, u have already experienced fast cars so that kick in the stomach feeling wont be there much

Chris Hebden
17-11-2008, 19:16
ahh wkd, look forward to it, well my pugs around 130bhp and the lift of understear is very common in them, so im guessing its similar in a way. Really look forward to it though, although not sure if i will have the confidence in it taht i currently have in my pugs.

Do you mean lift of OVERsteer by any chance? I didnt think you could lift off to get understeer?

markey b
17-11-2008, 19:19
shouldn't be too silly at 14psi, i went from a 50bhp campus to a 200bhp turbo... i was scared of the car for a little while.

just remember to brake in straight lines, not round the corners ;)

raj
17-11-2008, 19:27
my advice is[some may disagree] is you dont want to rape the car by taking it to max rpm. i personally only go to 6.5k. remember these are not as rev happy as your more modern ohc engines :)

Andrew Cooke
17-11-2008, 20:10
my advice is[some may disagree] is you dont want to rape the car by taking it to max rpm. i personally only go to 6.5k. remember these are not as rev happy as your more modern ohc engines :)

with a standard turbo 6K is plenty.

djinuk
17-11-2008, 20:19
cheers for the offer alex. not much point though now as ive already brought the car etc, just a matter of getting it out.. as for the comments, ive not really drove many modern cars , but i guess yes i do hammer the living crap outa my 205 on the odd occasion, but it enjoys it as it gets far to much cash thrown on it , keeping it mechanically tip top.. so yea ill restrain from max rpm.. thanks the info though, appreciate it :)

bye_all_c_ya
18-11-2008, 12:11
a spare water pump belt ! you never now when its a mile down the road in half! and temps sky high:)

Amber5GTTurb
18-11-2008, 16:16
the offer still stands if u wanted to take mine round the block a few times, expect lots of idiots tail gating, lots of people turning their heads as u drive past, some middle finger salutes, HEADGASKET comments from people who aint old enough to drive, wooooo i had one of them comments

i went from a 1.1 rover metro to my 5 and it was like time travel fast, u have the standard turbo which will feel nice, responsive and very usable on the streets, u have already experienced fast cars so that kick in the stomach feeling wont be there much

Haha yep thats about right. you woudln't believe the amount of hassle you get when they see it's a girl driving .... and then you wipe the smile off thier face when they can't keep up lol!

fidos got a raider
18-11-2008, 16:21
My other half drives mine and it running 20psi and she loves it also gets alot of attention in it from boy racers.