PDA

View Full Version : renault 5 car cover

mightymanx
20-10-2011, 23:57
hi does any 1 no were to get a car cover that will fit the 5 gtt proper i got a universal small size off ebay and it wont fit proper all the wrong dimentions

Phil W
21-10-2011, 05:37
hi does any 1 no were to get a car cover that will fit the 5 gtt proper i got a universal small size off ebay and it wont fit proper all the wrong dimentions

I have a storm force car cover for my 5 its from an Internet company called 'cover your car' google it you will find it! Not cheap about £140 however is waterproof and breathable so stops things going mouldy! It fits very well and even has wing mirror pockets and underside securing straps!

Phil W
21-10-2011, 05:38
http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/stormforce.htm

Hi 5
21-10-2011, 18:51
covers look ace just ordered one

mightymanx
21-10-2011, 19:12
ace cover am gona order 1 on monday thanx mate :)

Mr_Dave
24-11-2011, 19:18
I'm after one of these too. Have yours turned up now chaps? Any cop?

:)

Bigfoot
24-11-2011, 20:19
I got this cover delivered last week for £140, got a discount as ordered at the classic car show

http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/acatalog/OutdoorCoverCar.html#aMT

Very good quality and fits well around the car.

Mr_Dave
24-11-2011, 23:10
Looks alright that cover. £155 is strong money! http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/acatalog/Car_Clubs_We_Support.html

Hang about...... 15% discount for me! :D

Bigfoot
24-11-2011, 23:24
Looks alright that cover. £155 is strong money! http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/acatalog/Car_Clubs_We_Support.html

Hang about...... 15% discount for me! :D

Plus delivery even with that discount I got it cheaper than that :p

Maybe getting Dawn look into getting us a discount with this company if more people are interested in it. I know local member to me has just purchased one of these.

Mr_Dave
24-11-2011, 23:32
Plus delivery even with that discount I got it cheaper than that :p

Maybe getting Dawn look into getting us a discount with this company if more people are interested in it. I know local member to me has just purchased one of these.

A good idea. Must be a few of us needing one for the winter :) Group buy or something?

J$£5GTT
24-11-2011, 23:35
after experience with covers i would only use one if leaving it on the car for a length of time,because your car is never always clean,dirt an car covers dont mix,then after a while it gets dirty,great for your paintwork over time....fail !!!

mightymanx
25-11-2011, 00:10
hiya yer i got my cover from http://www.coveryourcar.co.uk/stormforce.htm a few weeks age and ive had it on ever since usually try to get the 5 out once a week.
the cover has been very good good fit and comes with straps that go under neath the car to help hold it on.
i live on the isle of man and sometimes it gets very very windy and its been fine only thing ive had to do is make up some clips to hold the cover down over the back bumper.
its kept the 5 dust free and tidy my paint work is very good and polished to a high standard and its been fine so i would recommend the cover 2 any 1 quick post 2 :agree:

mightymanx
14-12-2011, 19:31
cover now for sale in classifieds as car is sold

Mr_Dave
20-12-2011, 17:06
I got this cover delivered last week for £140, got a discount as ordered at the classic car show

http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/acatalog/OutdoorCoverCar.html#aMT

Very good quality and fits well around the car.

Mine turned up the other day and I've just chucked it on. They're pretty damn good! Nice snug fit! Just waiting for the rain/snow now.....

Cheers for the heads up on that Dale :)

Dave

bigdur
21-02-2012, 21:06
My Argos one is falling to bits now after taking a battering this winter. Any feedback from cover users?

Bigfoot
21-02-2012, 21:18
Come rain or snow that cover is sitting still on the car. Had to remove it once during the bad weather, car nice and clean underneath, plus think car was nice and warm under there as started first time without any trouble in whatever negative temp was at the time. Then went straight back on and will be coming off come march/April when want to bring it out again

bigdur
21-02-2012, 21:29
Excellent and no signs of deterioration?

Mr_Dave
21-02-2012, 21:36
Mines been on a good couple of months, no probs.

Just got to make sure that your car is clean and dry before you chuck it on - I've learnt put it on the day after you wash it else mine does trap the moisture for a few days.

Nice to have dry carpets and no interior shower from the dodgy sunroof each time I use it now! :D

Keeps the scumbags from having a go to.:agree:

TNT ANDY
21-02-2012, 21:41
Just a tip for ya fella - I've had a dodgy sun roof seal for years and tried to seal it with all sorts. The only thing that worked for me was Vaseline. Put it in a large syringe and put a thin bead on the top of the seal then shut the sunroof. Works a charm.

Mr_Dave
21-02-2012, 21:57
Just a tip for ya fella - I've had a dodgy sun roof seal for years and tried to seal it with all sorts. The only thing that worked for me was Vaseline. Put it in a large syringe and put a thin bead on the top of the seal then shut the sunroof. Works a charm.

Thanks mate, I'll give that a go :) Think its coming around the back of the sunroof surround tho :( Hate sunroofs! Decided that the cover was better than a new roof skin ;)

Bigfoot
21-02-2012, 22:49
Yeah, definately make sure its well clean before hand and dry, other thing which I done was remove the arial and put a cloth around the base so doesn't make a hole through the material if with any movement rubbing on the base. But no deterioration at all, well worth the money

I had a sealey car cover and like yours, it fell apart, and even one afternoon from coming back from work I found it down the road where it had just came off :( wouldn't touch another cheap car cover like that again

djinuk
22-02-2012, 07:53
my advice would be to invest in a good wax instead..

Give the car a super good polish, followed by two coats of a good quality wax, collinite 476 for me.. and leave it at that, ive had nothing but trouble with car covers.

THE MASTER
22-02-2012, 11:41
i used an old canvas tent to cover the camparse . it was looking real bad when i went to get it, cover was all green and moldy it was parked up in a forrest for over two years. took cover off gave the car a wash a wolla one nice clean shinny car :)... may not be the best cover but it saved the camparse from the worst :p

Mike GTT
22-02-2012, 13:18
I've been using the stormforce on my 5 since I got her.

No complaints thus far! Tis good stuff :agree: