PDA

View Full Version : Clio alarm/immob problem!

Nayls
16-11-2008, 20:10
little 1.2 r reg.

Everytime i use the fob to disarm/unlock the car all the lights flash like the alarm is going off but the siren is'nt sounding,press the fob to try & stop it but it just lock's/unlocks the car & does'nt do anything to the silent alarm!

car will still turn over but the immobiliser is wired to the fuel pump so it wont start.

any idea what is wrong? how do i reset the alarm/immob?

any help appreciated.

Amber5GTTurb
17-11-2008, 10:12
I had a similar problem with mine a 1.2 Y reg.

I assume you're talking about the standard alarm/immobiliser system?

If so, on my car it turned out to be the key fob not working properly. Unfortunately the problem kept returning about once a year and I kept having to have keys made - don't go to Renault they charge about £125 for a new key! I just went to Timpsons who charged around £20.

I don't know what the exact problem was and Renault didn't either (as usual) but they said if i was to keep using the key it would sort of 'lock' the immobiliser (this happened the first time the key broke) meaning you can't start it at all - it may have been the magnet for the immobiliser, im not sure.

Not sure if this helps at all:confused:, probably not lol

Amber5GTTurb
17-11-2008, 10:13
If in doubt, press the big red button that tended to solve most of my problems

Nayls
17-11-2008, 10:52
If in doubt, press the big red button that tended to solve most of my problems

big red button??

it does'nt have a magnet for an immobiliser,it's a button on the key that also controls the central locking,the locking works but the immobiliser wont switch off! :(

markey b
17-11-2008, 19:14
lock and unlock the car 15 times, so lock - unlock = 1 time

sounds like the fob is out of sync with the car, can happen if the button is pressed too many times out of range, its cos they are rolling code transmitters