PDA

View Full Version : torque wrench

tom t
14-10-2011, 00:17
bit of a random one. But i havent got a torque wrench at the mo, and its one of the only things i want for my bday really from the missus. Im not doing much work on cars lately just think it will be handy to have one.

Not sure which one to get looking at the halfords ones. Obviously different nm ratings one is 8nm-60 the other is 40-200

so the question is which one do you think i would generally need to use more? Untill i get the other one. If i ever. Im leaning toward the higher rated one. Thanks for ya input

rs250nut
14-10-2011, 00:42
Go for the higher rated one bud it will be a lot more usefull.

tom t
14-10-2011, 08:02
exactley the answer i was after cheers bud. Thats what i was hopeing for one to be more usefull till i get the other

James5
14-10-2011, 12:57
Also go for a decent branded version, halford pro range is good aswell never had prob's with them:agree:. I have just got myself a nice Snap on TECH3FR250 as a couple of my halfords pro trque wrenches got stolen and the Snap on covers both the stolen torque wrenches range's.

jamie_8
14-10-2011, 19:00
we use norbar torque wrenches at work, never had a problem with them, and they take a fair bit of abuse.

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/index.php?option=shop&page=shop.product_details&product_id=5290&l=uk&utm_source=google&utm_medium=base

jamie@pissyellowtuning