View Full Version : Clio c1j Front Mount

Rare.
09-10-2011, 12:29
Guys, I wanna put an FMIC onto my phase 1 clio eventually, but im struggling to find any more information on what pipework is used, or what FMIC's are used for the process? logic says that Renault 5 GTT pipework would work along with the intercooler, however i dont want to take that chance and it end up not fitting correctly.. can anyone advise please?

p.s for time being it will be on a t2 and once FMIC fitted around 18 psi.

Thanks in advance

Markey Mark (BD)
09-10-2011, 15:25
Best bet is to buy a universal cooler of the size you can/want to fit then work out the pipe run and order the bends and lengths of pipe you will need to connect it up. Theres no real set route the pipes have to take, it can go whichever way you want it to.
Cooler size will depend on if you want to stick behind standard bumper or don't mind cutting it abit, for 18psi though you don't want anything too big.

djinuk
09-10-2011, 15:42
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-25-UNIVERSAL-INTERCOOLER-KIT-TYPE-S-550x140x62-BLACK-/310327649994?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4840f826ca

im with rare at the moment..

What do you think to this, havnt got my car around to measure up from at the moment but will 2.25 pipe be ok ? looking to run the same setup as your campus (just with this slightly smaller front mount) do you think this will have whats required mark.

Going to cut a hole in the inner wing to get it through.

Markey Mark (BD)
09-10-2011, 16:30
The size of the intercooler looks good for pressure you want to run, should be enough pipes there but no damage if you got to get more. Be careful though, the kit i got before the silicone joiners were crap and had to change all the joiners for better quality ones

Rare.
09-10-2011, 17:29
good good, gotta make sure that eBay ad comes with an intercooler cus its all a bit confusing, but i should think it does..

i want to run a similar intercooler pipework setup as your campus, would have bought the IC and pipework you just put up for sale cus its easy to fit, but then i think i'll have troucle lining up the pipework to the turbo as mines a standard t2, and the pipework isnt the same route i want :P yes im fussy. :D