PDA

View Full Version : Clio Sport... What a bunch of Muppets - This defies logic

Ashy
07-10-2011, 09:54
So, I'm selling the wifes 182... So I post up a for sale advert...

In it I state its my Wifes Clio...

Anyway the advert keeps dissapearing, no PM to say why so i re-list it. This happens 3 times! Anyway, I get a PM from a moderator saying he's removed my thread as the rules state you can only advertise your own propertly! :scared:

Hang on, so I can't advertise my wifes car, thats actually mine really (not that its any of his business) but her name is on the log book. As we are married everything we have is joint owned...

So I re-advertise it saying its MY car to ensure I follow their rules and he deletes it again and I get this PM.

I have once again moved your latest thread. Please do not create any more.

If you feel you are being unfairly treated you are perfectly entitled to pm a member of admin, however I have now liaised with two members of admin who are of the same opinion as I.

I'm guessing I'm dealing with a teenager here who hasn't got much of a clue but FFS! I've jut renewed my membership too, gutted.

Rant over.

Penfold aka The Dealer
07-10-2011, 10:00
F*cking hell, different if you said mates car but your partners??? WTF, a right jobs worth....

Keyboard warriors, & people think rtoc moderators are strict...

I would send a polite pm to another admin & state you feel its unfair... & say why.

Ashy
07-10-2011, 10:08
My PM to admin...

Sorry to Andyrg for using his car as an example but it gets the point over! ;)

Mr RevelS,

I’m not sure if you are aware but I have been trying to advertise my wife's Clio for sale on Cliosport. The threads kept disappearing without any PM so let me know why, this happened 3 times.

Owen PM'd me to let me know he had removed it as I wasn't following the club rules by advertising it as my Wife’s Clio (it wasn't my property)

As we are Man and Wife everything we have is joint owned. Unfortunately the DVLA no longer allow joint names on V5's so as my Wife was the main user we put it in her name. Also, not that it’s really anyone else’s business, I paid for the car.

I feel that I am being unfairly treated as even though I am a fully paid up member I am not allowed to advertise my car for sale on the club forums.

I could understand if it was a mates car, or my brothers etc but that’s not the case!

For example, you allowed Andyrg to advertise his red phase 1 Clio on the forum which is jointly owned with his mate. What’s the difference? Did you check to see whose name was on his log book? I’m not picking on Andy it just seems like a case of double standards!
Please can you have a look into this and get back to me with a solution? I look forward to your response.
Ashy.

Ashy
07-10-2011, 10:54
Admin Response.

Hey mate,

Those are the rules because that's the fairest way and easiest for us and everyone else.

You knew exactly why it had been removed as you changed it from 'My wifes car' to 'Our car'

As for Andy, I didn't know it was a joint thing, so can't do anything about that.

If we allow yours, then next time we'll get someone advertising for their gf, then it will be 'Here's my friends car' and then when we remove it, they'll suddenly have a sexuality preference change and it will be their boyfriends car. It turns into a free for all.

In reality, there is very little chance of you selling your car on here anyway as most people have Clios already.

Ashy
07-10-2011, 10:58
My response.

OK, It’s clear you are sticking to your guns which IMO is absolutely absurd.
I will send the log book off tonight to change ownership into my name and re-advertise the car tomorrow as my own property!

Jokers!

Penfold aka The Dealer
07-10-2011, 11:06
What a f*cking joke....

To say you have little chance of selling it on there cos most people have clios already... WTF, i have sold 7 of 5's on here & not via ebay, pistonheads etc.

Ashy good luck with these ****s.

Ashy
07-10-2011, 12:01
What a f*cking joke....

To say you have little chance of selling it on there cos most people have clios already... WTF, i have sold 7 of 5's on here & not via ebay, pistonheads etc.

Ashy good luck with these ****s.

I know mate, what a nugget!

Rob@Backyardracing
07-10-2011, 17:58
Also worth noting, it clearly states on logbooks now that this is " not proof of ownership"
Only who is responsible for the vehicle.

I would quote that, forget adding another owner too it

Adey aka Ewok
07-10-2011, 18:04
Jumped up cnuts, admin over there really grate me. They need shooting

Big Steve - Raider
07-10-2011, 18:08
Admin Response.

In reality, there is very little chance of you selling your car on here anyway as most people have Clios already.

:eek: What?

Am I the only one here who can't get over that statement?! :sad2:

djinuk
07-10-2011, 18:09
Forum hitler , ive fell out with many..

Please keep updating this thread.. it could eventually end up making it onto other forums and make sure usernames are quoted so as to humilate them as much as possible..

No point advertising renault turbos on here as most of us already have one ;).. :wasntme::wasntme:

Markey Mark (BD)
07-10-2011, 18:09

I saw that too! :laugh: Does that mean Ashy's better off selling it on Passion Ford! Totally ridiculous

The new Bill J
07-10-2011, 18:14
Admin Response.

Hey mate,

A very professional way for an administrator to start a 'formal' pm to a member.

If we allow yours, then next time we'll get someone advertising for their gf, then it will be 'Here's my friends car'.....

I'm sure there's a difference between wife, and girlfriend :scratch:

:laugh:

I'm sorry, but :laugh:. That's unbelievable! :laugh:

djinuk
07-10-2011, 18:21
your car just simply had two many swirl marks and holograms..

they just dont want to tell you that!

Penfold aka The Dealer
07-10-2011, 18:29
Dont forget to include 2 buckets with your sale ashy :)

Seriously dont understand the jumped up ****s on cliosport....

Adey aka Ewok
07-10-2011, 18:30
Can this thread be viewed by non members? Shall I link it on cliosport to show them all?

djinuk
07-10-2011, 18:33
be rude not to really imo, not as if we are slating them generally, just slating the admins concerned , which blatantly need it to jog them back to the reality most people live in.

Rare.
07-10-2011, 18:36
Can this thread be viewed by non members? Shall I link it on cliosport to show them all?

Ace! please do!

Adey aka Ewok
07-10-2011, 18:39
If ashy doesn't mind then I will

The new Bill J
07-10-2011, 18:45
Is there any point? The only thing that it's likely to achieve is some club v club slanging match. There'll be buckets, and wash mitts flying everywhere :scared:

car.crash
07-10-2011, 18:45
they really are a bunch of tools on that site. teenage keyboard warriors.

Nayls
07-10-2011, 18:49
Is there any point? The only thing that it's likely to achieve is some club v club slanging match. There'll be buckets, and wash mitts flying everywhere :scared:

would they dare waste them? :laugh:

BluntyR5GTT
07-10-2011, 18:56
that is absolutely pathetic and that statement about most people on the forum already owning clios clearly shows what a bunch of muppets they are

alex barker
07-10-2011, 19:04

That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard!!!

There is no better place for buying used cars than and owners club/forum as we all know most of the users know the cars well.

5teve L
07-10-2011, 19:08
Exactly why I looked at the site, never posted & never paid to join.
bunch of knobs

Ashy
07-10-2011, 19:12
If ashy doesn't mind then I will

No probs here mate :agree:

Ashy
07-10-2011, 19:16
My response.

OK, It’s clear you are sticking to your guns which IMO is absolutely absurd.
I will send the log book off tonight to change ownership into my name and re-advertise the car tomorrow as my own property!

Jokers!

This was the response from Revels Admin.

----------------------

There's absolutely no way you're going to add an owner to the car for the sake of an advert on here.

But if you wish to do that, when you have proof of the logbook back in your name, you can re-advertise it.

----------------------

Thing is there is a lod of threads in the FS forum where other members are selling partners cars....

Don't know if you lot can view the for sale threads but if you can they are linked into my reply.

Have a look at THIS (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?604207-Renault-Laguna-Sports-Tourer-2.2dci-150-6-speed-Initiale-%A32400-ono) FS advert, is that OK for him to advertise a jointly owned car as he is CS admin? Double standards?

THIS (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?600568-Renaultsport-Clio-182-full-fat-with-cup-packs-2005-French-Racing-Blue-%A33950-ono&highlight=our) chap was allowed to advertise his jointly owned car?
THIS (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?584034-2004-Clio-182-In-Silver-Powerflow-Exhaust-De-cat-K-tech-Induction-Kit-Remap-%A32995&highlight=wife) guy was allowed to sell his wifes car.
I could go on like THIS (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?560881-Renaultsport-Megane-225-F1-Team-Edition-484-%A37599ono&highlight=wife) one.

Can you give me a break and just let the advert run. The only reason I mentioned it was the wifes car was becasue I thought it would of helped it sell... How wrong I was.

Ashy.

car.crash
07-10-2011, 19:18
they pulled my ads off to as the car was not in my name.

R5TURBORON
07-10-2011, 19:30
There a mainly a bunch of guys who own hair strightners and never get there hands dirty. Ask them anything technical and they say take it to a garage. And the pictures that are posted are look at my car ive washed or polished it :laugh:. I dont go on there anymore to many kids hope you get the car sold

frano81
07-10-2011, 19:37
what a bunch of minges
:D

TNT ANDY
07-10-2011, 20:05
Clit sport more like LOL.

Sorry for your hardships Ashy, but you goto laugh in the face of such stupidity.

raider_gtt
07-10-2011, 20:37
I don't understand why they have to be funny about it it's a joke all you want to do is sell a car maybe someone has there eye on it trying to get it cheap takeing it off making hard for you to sell and offer you peanuts Just a idea

SP33DY
07-10-2011, 21:24
TBH Ashy I can't see what the fuss is, rules are rules mate and it clearly states that only members cars can be sold via the forum and whilst I appreciate some may have slipped though the net, you did not. :cooter:

To be honest i'd be a proper piss taker, would simply register "The wife" (maybe Ashy's Wife) as a member and sell it that way, but realistically do you really want to deal with any of the numpty's off there?

Ashy
07-10-2011, 21:56
TBH Ashy I can't see what the fuss is, rules are rules mate and it clearly states that only members cars can be sold via the forum and whilst I appreciate some may have slipped though the net, you did not. :cooter:?

Ha, I knew you'd stick up for them. You probably have CS branded buckets and snow foam lance! :cooter:

Moggy
07-10-2011, 22:17
omg what a bunch of wan&ers! (reminds me of this club 10 years ago! LMFAO)

knew there was a reason I didn't join any of those new 'renaultsport' clubs!

still remember some 'youth' at our local nutz polishing place tell me he had k-tech this and x that and y this and it was 300hp! I nearly spat my tea all over his clean engine! now that would of been funny!:smokin:

Mart
07-10-2011, 22:46
Can you (temporarily) change your board/user name to that of your missus, and then advertise the car in her name as such. Failing that, add the price of your missus joining CS (and then advertise the car that way) onto the price you want for the car.

Mart
07-10-2011, 22:48
Agreed though, it's all a bit anal.

Ashy
07-10-2011, 23:11
No need to advertise on there anymore as a deposit's been taken. Sold through the good old RTOC, goto love this club. :)

Still not gona let it drop with the admin on CS.

Os8472
07-10-2011, 23:45
What a bunch of ****s, time for a RTOC vs Clitsport event.

3 disciplines

1. 1/4 mile drag race
2. timed lap of mallory
3. cleanest paint (ok there gunna win that one but hey, wouldn't be fair to not give them a glimery of hope;))

Gttnutter
08-10-2011, 00:11
There is a small % who join clubs to find the car they want, so to say you'll struggle to sell due to most members own one is rubbish.

I used to be a member on there when i had my white 172 which got somewhat slated.

They certainly dont like getting there hands dirty and believe in alot of tuner BS...bunch of ladyboys.

philg
08-10-2011, 08:18
To be honest i'd be a proper piss taker, would simply register "The wife" (maybe Ashy's Wife) as a member and sell it that way, but realistically do you really want to deal with any of the numpty's off there?

Thats :laugh:

Just the sort of thing i would do ;)

Pleased you got it sold though ashy.

T.K
09-10-2011, 03:03
Totally retarded!

Bass J
09-10-2011, 05:17
My 2p's worth is the same as r5turboron ...if u have a problem "take it to a garage" ....thats now what a club is all about?! ...their club is about silvervisions,cup spoilers and blah blah blah ..

Part of the reason i like using this club ..its more a hands on club! ....if u have a problem with your car you usually get a proper answer to the problem you have :)

should really not post on ere while slightly pished :)

Phoenix Autosport
09-10-2011, 15:05
this realy is the problem with far too many forums, people think it is all about power, who is in charge of what and who is a senior member etc.
i have to say though that i havent noticed that attitude on RTOC at all so far and there is a great feeling of community on here so big thanks to all those who make it what it is :)

Ashy
09-10-2011, 20:24
Ultimately I think they realise that what happened was a total joke and that they were in the wrong. I think it just went too far for them to be able to back down and admit they had been far too OTT.

Its probably due to the way the club is managed that it attracts the type of members that it does. Then there are threads like THIS (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?575712-This-Forum-influx-of-idiots) one complaining about the recent influx of idiots (30 odd pages long!!)

Its a shame really as they'll lose those members that are actually able to help and offer technical advice.

5teve L
09-10-2011, 20:28
They don't need it Ashy, they have K-tec & the likes :wasntme:, I suppose they are at where RTOC was many moons ago, in the laps of the tuners listening to BS & parting with way to much money...

car.crash
09-10-2011, 20:48
alot of them are sex pests too. many women have joined only to be pm'd by lots of strange hormonal boys and asked for facebook details.

Os8472
09-10-2011, 21:13
alot of them are sex pests too. many women have joined only to be pm'd by lots of strange hormonal boys and asked for facebook details.

Just like you;)

Mr Raider
09-10-2011, 21:16
I was a member, although didnt bother renewing.I did go to couple meets, although it was like go to pub, have food, drive somewhere take pics and go home! :rolleyes:

royz
09-10-2011, 21:23
They don't need it Ashy, they have K-tec & the likes :wasntme:, I suppose they are at where RTOC was many moons ago, in the laps of the tuners listening to BS & parting with way to much money...

that is also the standard response when looking at some of the threds on the timing belts. all doom and gloom stories and to take it somwhere.

J$£5GTT
09-10-2011, 21:34
:dearme:.....watch a bunch of clits...

Tom@cliosport
09-10-2011, 21:35
First post!

I don't wish to start a forum war because I have a lot of respect for RTOC and it's members.

But I would like to have my say.

Just like any forum we have rules and guidelines that we ask you to adhere to some of them are standard and some of them were created to counteract problems we have had in the past.

When you sign up you have to agree to said rules to use our site.

I look forward to working with RTOC in 2012 as we have several events you may be interested in attending! I will be in touch!

Regards

Tom
ClioSport Muppet.

car.crash
09-10-2011, 21:39
a forum war what would that consist of then. :wasntme:

J$£5GTT
09-10-2011, 21:43
hope your not using your girlfriends pc or im sorry you cant post on here...:wasntme:

jamie_clioGTT
09-10-2011, 21:55
Tom.
ClioSport muppet.

now that is funny :laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
09-10-2011, 22:11
I look forward to working with RTOC in 2012 as we have several events you may be interested in attending! I will be in touch!

Welcome to the RTOC Tom! :niceone:

It's nice to see you here on the RTOC. I take it your one of the Committee over on CS?

I look forward to hearing about the events you've got planned for next year. I've just renewed my membership on Cliosport (Big_Steve_T) so you can PM me on there if you like. ;)

SP33DY
09-10-2011, 22:55
No offence Tom but my membership is up for renewal next month and I doubt I'll be renewing. Whilst it's not a direct result of this incident, I do feel that it was pathetic the way Ashy was dealt with especially as he'd spent time explaining the situation and was still seen as a regular cliosport muppet..........

Anyway in my honest opinion I don't relly see CS as a car forum, I've been a member there since 2005 and it seems to have slowly turned into a social networking site. In fact if I'm honest the only reason I renewed the last couple of years was for the sales and wants. There is very little usefull technical advice on there and it pains me to witness muppets advising muppets (incorrectly) on how to carry out the simplest of tasks on a clio.

The moderation of the site is mostly good, however you can see which Mods are good friends with which members as some have a lot more leeway than others.

This isn't a pop at yourselfr Tom, more of an insight of why more mature, mechanical minded members fail to gel with your forum.

Mart
09-10-2011, 23:06
First post!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/000/015/orly.jpg

J$£5GTT
09-10-2011, 23:07

elcie
09-10-2011, 23:30
:dearme: nothing better to do than just make it awkward for you. gets me so wound up all of this kind of stuff, only wish it could be sorted out face to face outside! Not getting all flash sitting behind a computer.

Schakal
10-10-2011, 00:30
I've just renewed my membership on Cliosport

poofity poof

Eugein Offord
10-10-2011, 02:34
looks like a triffick club..................

http://www.cliosport.net/content.php?136-ClioSport-Charity-Skydive

i fancy the website, but as i've said before ..........................."Its a birds car"

modfather
10-10-2011, 09:00
:dearme:.....watch a bunch of clits...

:laugh::laugh: i always thought that clios where clit cars (every cnut has 1 ):scared:

Ashy
10-10-2011, 12:50
Anyway in my honest opinion I don't relly see CS as a car forum, I've been a member there since 2005 and it seems to have slowly turned into a social networking site.

Good point Steve, Like I've always said if you post a question like "Who's got the best bum, Kylie or Dannii?" you'd get a 25 page thread.

If you post a technical question its like Vik & Bobs shooting starts with the tumble weed.

Adey aka Ewok
10-10-2011, 13:08
First post!

I don't wish to start a forum war because I have a lot of respect for RTOC and it's members.

But I would like to have my say.

Just like any forum we have rules and guidelines that we ask you to adhere to some of them are standard and some of them were created to counteract problems we have had in the past.

When you sign up you have to agree to said rules to use our site.

I look forward to working with RTOC in 2012 as we
have several events you may be interested in attending! I will be in touch!

Regards

Tom
ClioSport Muppet.

Thing is there's blatant favroitism and some can do it, others can't. At the end of the day he was selling his and his wifes car, it's a joint thing not selling a mates car, the fact that none of you/admin can see that is very poor and you come across like 16 year old Barry boys

markey b
10-10-2011, 14:17
Thing is there's blatant favroitism and some can do it, others can't. At the end of the day he was selling his and his wifes car, it's a joint thing not selling a mates car, the fact that none of you/admin can see that is very poor and you come across like 16 year old Barry boys

i had something similar, had problems getting something that i had paid for from a member that was in with the admin, and my posts kept getting deleted when i tried to find out what was going on!

Tom@cliosport
10-10-2011, 14:54
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but I can assure you there is no favouritism.
A few months ago I removed one of my best mates adverts as he was selling on behalf of someone else. At the end of the day, we find the rule works for us and because of this we wont be changing our policy. So at the risk of this becoming a 30 page saga i'm going to suggest we agree to disagree.

I'm sure in an ideal world where nobody lies and cheats we wouldn't have to take such extreme measures but we don't live in such a world.

All the Best

Tom

djinuk
10-10-2011, 15:01
Its his bloody wifes car!.. just drop the pride and admit its amazingly stupid and some guys playing a forum hitler!. :ashamed::ashamed:

BluntyR5GTT
10-10-2011, 15:04
totally agree with dj on this

djinuk
10-10-2011, 15:11
ill be the first to admit.. ive been there with my admin/mod rights on a php based forum..

Ban , Ban , Ban, delete , delete delete.

Adey aka Ewok
10-10-2011, 15:34
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but I can assure you there is no favouritism.
A few months ago I removed one of my best mates adverts as he was selling on behalf of someone else. At the end of the day, we find the rule works for us and because of this we wont be changing our policy. So at the risk of this becoming a 30 page saga i'm going to suggest we agree to disagree.

I'm sure in an ideal world where nobody lies and cheats we wouldn't have to take such extreme measures but we don't live in such a world.

All the Bes

Tom

Hello! can you not grasp the fact that in modern day life where man and women are equal they have shared positions and thus either can put them up for sale?

markey b
10-10-2011, 16:39
i know rules are rules, but sometimes common sense overrides :p

BluntyR5GTT
10-10-2011, 16:43
i know rules are rules, but sometimes common sense overrides :p

:agree: spot on mark

clee
10-10-2011, 16:48
I wish Cliosport were around back when to handle my divorce ... the biatch wouldn't have got half as much :laugh::laugh:

BluntyR5GTT
10-10-2011, 16:50
I wish Cliosport were around back when to handle my divorce ... the biatch wouldn't have got half as much :laugh::laugh:

:goodpost:

Sir Mod
10-10-2011, 17:42
Oi you lot! You've got me out of my crypt to sort this! :tuttut:

I think we've all had our say now so the lock is being turned!

Back to my Addams Family Box set:coffee: