View Full Version : alternator wiring

djinuk
07-10-2011, 07:48
theres 2 wires with spde connectors that go onto the alternator in a sort of block connectior, does it matter which way round these go ?

Dave Reed
07-10-2011, 08:16
theres 2 wires with spde connectors that go onto the alternator in a sort of block connectior, does it matter which way round these go ?

Yes it does. 1 way won't charge, i'm pretty sure the alternator light will stay on to.

phase i 16 v turbo
07-10-2011, 08:32

The on the original loom the connector is keyed so it can only go one way so yes there must be a correct way.

Shane P
07-10-2011, 08:59
The on the original loom the connector is keyed so it can only go one way so yes there must be a correct way.

:agree:

Yellow closest to the engine, purple closest to the radiator.

Some of the new looms from Renault came with these two connections put in the wrong way round.

Thankfully the original connector box is the type that you can open, so it was easy to swap them round.

djinuk
07-10-2011, 10:38
spot on guys, thats what i wanted to know, unfortunatly on this one it dosent have the connector block just the spade connectors. :)