PDA

View Full Version : winter ideas??

Muzza
29-09-2011, 11:51
hi again folks been thinking about making my 5 go just that bit better was thinking about rebuilding it again but was wonder what all to do to her!! was thinking about a cam and new turbo and a uprated oil pump? prob a new carb aswel. what you lot think i shoud also replace when i going that far???? cheers again:)

BluntyR5GTT
29-09-2011, 13:08
how far do you wanna go power wise and whats your current set up?

Markey Mark (BD)
29-09-2011, 16:00
hi again folks been thinking about making my 5 go just that bit better was thinking about rebuilding it again but was wonder what all to do to her!! was thinking about a cam and new turbo and a uprated oil pump? prob a new carb aswel. what you lot think i shoud also replace when i going that far???? cheers again:)

Firstly does the engine actually need a rebuild? If its running fine them maybe worth just leaving it and giving it good service and tune.

As for taking it little further how much power you wanting and what you using it for, knowing this will help out with whats best to go for?

BluntyR5GTT
29-09-2011, 16:07
agree with mark on this one

i remember when i first got my 5gtt it was ran down and unloved :(

i decided do all the basics

plugs,leads,dizzy cap and rotor arm, new oil/filter and fuel filter plus timing chain and tensioner, might of been a bit overkill but i wanted to know that them parts were all new for peace of mind

dangerous dave
29-09-2011, 17:22
as above, just give it some loving with a few service items..

my old engine from my first gtt 8 years ago is still going strong, never rebuild just had gaskets/seals etc changed.. its still spot on producing something like 150bhp all day long..

try kill it, when you look after your car its harder than you think.. :)

Muzza
02-10-2011, 14:32
its just there is a slight knock around 2500 rpm then goes away if you rev it on up!!! the oil pressure is around 20 psi when warm and was thinkin about getting the crank reground and new bearing to suit. im from ireland and track days are not that popular but we have the best back roads you could imagine so it wil just be used for that mainly. but only have the car on the road and it does go very well atm on standard boost so might just tweek the boost and mess about with the carb a bit and leave her alone! cheers