PDA

View Full Version : hmmmmm honda people

5alldaway
28-09-2011, 12:22
ive been a honda owner for over a year now, been on a few of their forums and from what i can see, unless your car is covered in spoon, mugen, takata and the rest of the japanese jibberish, noone wants to know, one fella even paid almost £100 for a spoon thermostat and when i questioned him what does the spoon one do that the honda one doesnt i didnt get a reply

glad to see the renault peeps can appreciate the oe'ness aswell as the modified :agree:

djinuk
28-09-2011, 12:45
hehe honda forums crack me..

take one £300 honda eg with a bit of mot on it..

Add anodised red screws and a sticker..

put it on honda owners at £1200 and watch people comment on how lovely it is.. :eek::eek:

Rob@Backyardracing
28-09-2011, 13:06
I think age has a lot to do with it, civiclife is one of the worst forums, but hondatech is not too bad, I think it's a generally older crowd on there than civiclife, likewise on here I think the average age is creeping up and you can tell by the no bull****
Sort of threads/posts.

It's only when you spend time on oter forums you really realise rtoc is top notch :)

Cliosport is one of the worst! I asked a question about doing the timing belt some time ago, and I got back was "just take it too a garage mate"
I don't think many of them have ever had dirt under there finger nails, just polish lol

scratcher
28-09-2011, 16:06
I think most Japanese car forums are the same to be honest, the MLR (for Evo's and that lark) is about 80% in the 'if that didn't cost a grand, I'm not interested' camp :laugh: The more things cost, the better it has to be, and you'd be an idiot to buy the cheaper version.
Still, there's some really cool people on there :agree:

All the Greddy, HKS stuff is just fashion accessories to a lot of the Jap crowd and they get scene points for having the most :)
And like Rob said, it has a lot to do with age of people knocking about on those forums, maybe not MLR, they're all old boys, ask Bill :laugh: They'll learn soon enough.

philg
28-09-2011, 16:25
The mlr are mental, i spent around 4 years on there, listening to people being suckered in by the new must have inter cooler or turbo all in the desperate vain to get an extra 10 horses :laugh: I bet aidy is still on there winding people up.

I sometimes pop onto mini torque, god what a bunch of clowns on there to, they really think there cars are the nuts.

Nayls
28-09-2011, 16:30
The amount the jap crew pay for takata harnesses!!:eek::eek: fooking insane!

The new Bill J
28-09-2011, 17:30
maybe not MLR, they're all old boys, ask Bill :laugh: They'll learn soon enough.

I saw that :mad:

:laugh:

JAP Tax - You've got to love it!

The people on the MLR crack me up. As has been said numerous times, in numerous different places, if you haven't spent at least £10k with a tuner, then you're 'not worthy', in some members opinion. One of my favourites, is when someone asks a question, only to get numerous replies of "consult your tuner"! Errm, but I only asked what colour socks I should wear today :sad:

Yes, there are a few top drawer, genuine people on there though (There's plenty of past and present RTOC members :laugh:).

I haven't been on there for god knows how long, and my membership expired a while back. The constant need to feel like you have to spend a fortune on anything and everything does my loaf in. Yet, I'm still on RTOC all the time (much to some people's annoyance :D). RTOC - THE best car related club on the net :agree:

Adam L
28-09-2011, 21:40
I wouldn't say Jap forums are all bad, I quite like the sxoc, and it's such a diverse club it covers nearly everything you could want and more. There's never a shortage of home built motors with rediculous engine conversions, it's one of those places that encourages different engine choices, much like here I suppose.

The S15oc is plain boring, but that's due to the lack of members.

Drifworks just makes me think of fan boy, I own an awesome (****ter) drift machine. I got bored of reading the same threads over, most people think they're a pro on there. It's also a place NEVER to buy mechanical parts from as they're going to be ****ed from abuse.

Wheels are a popular trade for the Nissan lot and if they're Jap imported with good widths and offsets you'll see them go for £1k + all day long. That's used wheels too:confused:. I can't remember how much I paid for mine, but it was no where near that and they're over £2k new for the sizes I run, without tyres.

rs250nut
28-09-2011, 23:00
It's all about JDM. If you don't have it your car is no good!!!!

markey b
29-09-2011, 13:18
I think age has a lot to do with it, civiclife is one of the worst forums, but hondatech is not too bad, I think it's a generally older crowd on there than civiclife, likewise on here I think the average age is creeping up and you can tell by the no bull****
Sort of threads/posts.

It's only when you spend time on oter forums you really realise rtoc is top notch :)

Cliosport is one of the worst! I asked a question about doing the timing belt some time ago, and I got back was "just take it too a garage mate"
I don't think many of them have ever had dirt under there finger nails, just polish lol

i HATE cliosport, so much so i let my membership expire, and wont be renewing

i asked about a boot light switch, after 5 minutes the post was lost with 'what colour are your wheel nut' and 'what is your favourite hollyoaks cast member' posts..

djinuk
29-09-2011, 15:45
guy selling some low profile second hand headlights on mx5 nutz..

I though , hmm i quite like the look of them... how much.

£500 plus postage..

hmm maybe not, roudn headlights will do me :)

5alldaway
01-10-2011, 01:54
guy selling some low profile second hand headlights on mx5 nutz..

I though , hmm i quite like the look of them... how much.

£500 plus postage..

hmm maybe not, roudn headlights will do me :)

lol you could buy half a car for that price!

wrightygtt
01-10-2011, 18:18
Why do Subaru owners do that gay little nod, when u drive past them in your scooby? Never known it with any other car, makes me cringe lol. You've only got to wait two minutes and you'd see another one haha. I saw a red five yesterday and was shouting through my window and peeping my horn to get his attention, anyone on here btw? he said he had a Subaru as well..