PDA

View Full Version : mobile phone help

Adam 005
26-09-2011, 20:06
O.k i need a new phone and have found one i like on the 3 net work it's the htc wildfire s.Still thats not the problem it contract comes with 1gb of internet which means little.My question is will i cane that amount in a month just looking on thr rtoc site and sites like ebay.I guess i am asking how mb do i use opening sites like this.
Sorry if i seem a little dumb:ashamed:

Bigfoot
26-09-2011, 20:16
You wont even get close to getting to 1gb per month with just that, if you started watching loads of youtube each day on download you might reach that amount, or tv programmes

Steevo
26-09-2011, 22:38
I've had nothing but issues with '3' Mobile mate, and so have a lot of people after researching online (by that time it was too late:()

Plus you'll get through that kind of usage allowance in no time coming on RTOC all the time :D esp with the threads full of photos etc, i couldn't believe how much i was using, but like is said above, if you're not on you tube and watching tv you might be ok

Adam L
26-09-2011, 23:26
Orange...

£37 a month, HTC Desire, unlimited texts (3k, or so), unlimited 3G (16mb, including roaming), 300 minutes free, 15 picture messages and loads more.

I've had the HTC over a year and it's such a good phone I want the better equivilant as my next upgrade. The camera is amazing, easy to use and the 3G network is generally ok

Not to mention you get Orange Wednesday every week on any tarrif.

V Man
27-09-2011, 13:03
Orange...

£37 a month, HTC Desire, unlimited texts (3k, or so), unlimited 3G (16mb, including roaming), 300 minutes free, 15 picture messages and loads more.

I've had the HTC over a year and it's such a good phone I want the better equivilant as my next upgrade. The camera is amazing, easy to use and the 3G network is generally ok

Not to mention you get Orange Wednesday every week on any tarrif.

For that cost I would expect VIP access to the Jiggly Wiggly room with a free drink each month to.
;)
Lad at work just got a smart phone through work Quidco for £13 a month might be worth a look?

Mike GTT
27-09-2011, 14:22
Ebay has its own app on android, so no issues there. Sometimes images can be quite large on here, but i wouldnt worry.

I used to work for Orange until february, and at the time 'unlimited' internet (which i have) has a fair usage policy of 750mb, i've never gone anywhere near it, and i'm on it constantly... besides, most major sites will recognise that your on a mobile, and direct you to the mobile version of the site (so everythings the same, but smaller - less bandwidth)

You won't be dissappointed with any HTC, or android for that matter! Their capabilities are pretty much the same due to the droid software (there are differences between versions, nothing too major tho!). Stay away from some - LG(!).

The desire is bigger than the wildfire, and its bolstered with more features - better camera, screen etc. But the wildfire is a cracker! :)

When I worked for Orange, 3mobile mainly rented masts off other companies, so in the instance they dont renew for the contract in that area, you'll loose 3G (mainly). so theyre pretty inconsistent (that was then, but I doubt anything has changed) - hence why so many people issues.

I had a customer come in once who was kicking off because the signal had dropped out, couldnt get 3G or HSDPA, spent an hour in an argument as he wouldn't let me check his data settings on the phone, eventually turned out he was a 3 customer and the 3 salesman sent the customer down to my shop to give me grief because 3 piggy back off Orange..... cheaky Bar steward! haha