PDA

View Full Version : Calsonic intercoolers?

Alastair
24-09-2011, 22:16
What do people think of the calsonic intercoolers form Skylines? I've heard lots of good things and might change my set up as I have been offered one cheap. Nissan want 2500 quid for a new one!!! Are the cores really that good???

Logg
25-09-2011, 09:27
Never heard of them but that's proper money. :cool: I've read that Mark Sheed at MAD are loveing garrett bar and plat intercoolers at the mo. Think they are seeing only slight higher then ambient temps at 2.5+ bar boost with a cooler that has less surface area then the normal rs 500 size core.

Mart
25-09-2011, 10:45
Calsonic is Japan's equivalent to, say, Valeo.

That's not to say they're cr8p or anything like that, but don't go thinking they're a platinum product, one-off specials, type manufacturer! :D

Nowt wrong with their intercoolers though - You won't go far wrong with a Skyline unit in situ.

Bar & plate intercoolers have been around for donkeys. Probably a bit of marketing shpiel from Garrett (akin to they're GTX range of blowers), and everyone thinks it's the 'must have' item of the moment :coffee:

Alastair
25-09-2011, 19:39
Thanks Mart, I might leave it for now as moving house and need to save dosh, but the last book I read rated them highly too, apparently they have internal deflectors to ensure even flow through the core etc, and I like the end tanks, they look like they will flow well...

Garrett branching out... Must be some good advertising! :agree: