PDA

View Full Version : hopefully my last silly question...

markey b
23-09-2011, 00:45
calling all experts ;)

got 99% done on the 11, but one last issue....

hunts on idle badly, even with a group A dumpvalve its still pressurising the boost circuit on idle, blowing air out the dv...

can't get it to run properly, when all the vac pipes off the inlet are connected it stutters and idle drops, if i put a one way valve on one of the pipes and leave it open to atmosphere idle is better

kinda hard to explain, but its almost like it needs more air in the inlet manifold for it to run, and by pulling a pipe off the inlet it sorts it, but surely i'll loose boost when its running

i disconnected the ICV and it revs its nuts off, plugged back in and its sitting at 1000rpm with vac pipes off, and about 600rpm with it all connected, but hunts and cuts out after 30 secs...

anyone got any ideas? this is the final hurdle :scratch:

TNT ANDY
23-09-2011, 06:46
What fuel pump and pressure you running?
What ECU and map have you got in there?
Are you running a wide / narrow band?
Are there any leaks on the inlet tract?

markey b
23-09-2011, 09:08
What fuel pump and pressure you running?
What ECU and map have you got in there?
Are you running a wide / narrow band?
Are there any leaks on the inlet tract?

cossie pump and 4 bar pressure
standard ECU at the mo
standard lambda
dont think there are any leaks, as it needs a 'leak' to idle

James5
23-09-2011, 09:36
TPS sensor on TB not setup properly if it's been knocked slightly it causes these symptom's mine done a similar thing

TPS should be set to 0.2V (closed throttle) & 4.55V (full throttle)

ISCV faulty

I doubt it's an air leak idle will be the other way and be higher:agree:

You got the one way valve for the brake system in the correct way?

markey b
23-09-2011, 11:37
i'll check the TPS this eve, how do you measure it?

ICV i cleaned out in the parts cleaner, and if its unplugged it revs up hard.

unplugged map sensor and it cut out, unplugged lambda and it cut out

took one way valve out of brakes as i used it on one of the ports on top of manifold so it could suck in air to idle properly :laugh:

James5
23-09-2011, 13:25

took one way valve out of brakes as i used it on one of the ports on top of manifold so it could suck in air to idle properly :laugh:

Should run without the lambda plugged in just run rich, ref TPS 5teveL fiddled with mine :scared::eek: I mean't the TPS sensor:laugh: for me with a multi meter hopefully he will pop along on the boards and comment aswell.

5teve L
23-09-2011, 14:22

You need a one way in the brake servo line Mark.

markey b
23-09-2011, 14:40
I know, but it runs badly with it too

5teve L
23-09-2011, 14:56
You prob won't like this but I reckon the standard ECU doesn't like the SC mate....
TPS is a PITA to set up, better off getting another TB if it's that.

markey b
23-09-2011, 15:44
You prob won't like this but I reckon the standard ECU doesn't like the SC mate....
TPS is a PITA to set up, better off getting another TB if it's that.

even with the boost pipe disconnected it wont idle, must be ICV or TBS... where do you measure it from to set it up? i've got all evening to piss about :laugh:

5teve L
23-09-2011, 15:51
set the multilmeter to ohm 2000k.

When the tb is closed it should read around 2.00-2.20 and when fully open around 6.50.

Put the multimeter tongs on pin number 1 and 3 to take the readings make sure you plug them into the tps rather than the engine loom http://www.clio16valver.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Took that from the valver site

James5
23-09-2011, 17:00
set the multilmeter to ohm 2000k.

When the tb is closed it should read around 2.00-2.20 and when fully open around 6.50.

Put the multimeter tongs on pin number 1 and 3 to take the readings make sure you plug them into the tps rather than the engine loom http://www.clio16valver.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Took that from the valver site

I remember watching you do mine Steve and it was fiddly the slightest touch made such a big difference normally in the wrong way and then making it secure seemed to alter it slightly so be very careful prob best to do with a helper just to hold the multimeter whilst you secure it:agree:

Mark are you able to get your hands on another known working Throttle body complete with TPS on? works out easier in the long run

markey b
23-09-2011, 17:02
true gents! thank you

its worth the risk, i had the tb off to paint manifold so probably got moved then

markey b
24-09-2011, 00:45
sorted it! it was the TPS... read 1.2ohms, so i turned up the idle and moved it about till it sounded right... perfect now! :agree::agree:

James5
24-09-2011, 10:21
sorted it! it was the TPS... read 1.2ohms, so i turned up the idle and moved it about till it sounded right... perfect now! :agree::agree:

:DGood man glad you got it sorted