PDA

View Full Version : Nice looking 5 for sale.. price a bit high maybe?

Tinka_Dill
22-09-2011, 18:47
Everybody has probably seen this already but thought I'd post it just in case. Nice clean looking GT Turbo, but dealer is asking a lot...... or maybe it's worth it? Renault aren't making them any more ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330616258164?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1231wt_1185

old skool turbo power
22-09-2011, 22:07
either that has had a re-spray or some one has polished up the car big time or stored in a garage for some while:laugh:but very nice looking car though:cool:
its all good on putting a price on a car 22yrs old but the major thing imo is that weather or not there is the old rust problem on the cills.as we all know lookin at the car it might look sweet but undnerneath could be another story :(
bit steep imo i say i would prob pay around the 3k max,......saying that id rather pay for the phase 1 in the raffle if i was looking for a 5.......saying that then you have the insurance :sad2:

Renault 5 GT Turbo
23-09-2011, 02:37
I think the RTOC talks the values of thes cars down. I mean, they are not cheap cars to maintain. I have spent about £5k in total on mine buying it and replacing aged parts.

If this White car is as good as it looks in the pictures, as with every car you can make an offer so it's got to be worth £4500 all day long.

I for one would pay up to £8000 a piece for a couple of GT Turbos that lurk on this forum.

phase i 16 v turbo
23-09-2011, 09:22
If you look closely it has 2 passengers seat, no towing eye cover, OE mats, stereo, under the bonnet has a few issues. Nice car outside and could be made a better with some TLC.

raider_gtt
23-09-2011, 12:29
If you look closely it has 2 passengers seat, no towing eye cover, OE mats, stereo, under the bonnet has a few issues. Nice car outside and could be made a better with some TLC.

Yes same here tlc :agree::agree::agree:

Chunk
23-09-2011, 16:45
towing eye cover?

benj88
23-09-2011, 16:46
I think the RTOC talks the values of thes cars down. I mean, they are not cheap cars to maintain. I have spent about £5k in total on mine buying it and replacing aged parts.

If this White car is as good as it looks in the pictures, as with every car you can make an offer so it's got to be worth £4500 all day long.

I for one would pay up to £8000 a piece for a couple of GT Turbos that lurk on this forum.

:agree:

Steevo
23-09-2011, 17:25

:agree:

old skool turbo power
23-09-2011, 23:52

:agree:these cars are not cheap to maintain esp in when you end up goin to renault to get most of the parts and do end up in payin a good wack for something so small,but i guess it up to you.
my car i got for £2300 that was back in 2007 with 70k on the clock,i thought was a good price at the time i have had it ive spent at least i dunno £1600 on keepin it up to the standard it is,and thats even including the welding.with this money being spent on it realistically i dont think id get all the money back of it,prob some of it but not all of it(personally)
good look to the guy who is trying to sell the car but lets be honest like i said if a phase one is for sale(mikeA) is at only 2/5k mimium id bite his hand off if i was looking for one,rather than a 5k white phase 2 BUT thats just my opion:)