View Full Version : mum 182 takes another knock..

dangerous dave
15-11-2008, 18:38
whats wrong with people, old lady hits taps the old dears car while backing up in the shop car park, they get out but as its dark cant see feckall.. i get home and take a look and the bump strips are cracked and scratched, but theres a scuff/scratch on the rear arch inline with it all.. i know it wasn't there as im pretty @nal and keep a close eye on the car and was/wax it for the old dear..

anywho, seeing as mum didnt get the insurance details i told her to ring up and get them. lady answers and goes on about her mums husbands just died etc etc and they just heard another family members died yesterday or today.. im not heartless, but i dont really give a f**k about them or the whats going on, all i need is one number and her mums name.. she gets the @rse on and wants to see the car as they didn't see any damage, but im thinking she can stuff that up her ring, the old dears getting on the blower first thing and getting the insurance to get onto them..

she wants to avoid claiming and pay us off with a hundred quid or two, but i want it fix with a moneys no object affair.. its gotta be right as its that funny black gold colour and im not having it touched in with a pen..

sent the old dear to the shops to see if its on tape to make sure theres no getting out of it, not having them pull a fast one.. im gonna take the call tomorrow and say i'll take the car to them so i can have there address.....just in case:)

i see they want to avoid losing the no claims bonus, i would too, but cough i'd cough up if asked.. its the law?

im rather p155ed off

5teve L
15-11-2008, 19:32
You heartless barsteward Dave, people dying left right & centre & you want to hassle them for a bit of paint :sad2:

:laugh:
Only jokin mate, you have to sort it the way you think best, bloomin oldies don't give a toss when parking etc, i had one open a door onto my car, not a word, no sorry or anything, just walked off, bloody cheek since i was bloody sitting there & she looked right at me!!

Stitch em for every penny, bit of whiplash the lot ! (that was a joke)

Adam L
15-11-2008, 21:10
i had one open a door onto my car, not a word, no sorry or anything, just walked off, bloody cheek since i was bloody sitting there & she looked right at me!!

Some dozy **** did that to a mate a few years back, he got out and keyed all the side of her car:laugh:. Proper out of order, but it made me chuckle. He then moved his car and walked off.

dangerous dave
15-11-2008, 21:17
what gets me is she's holding the details ransom, she wants to decide if we claim on her insurance or they pay us off, there is no choice and if there was that would be down to us.

Were claiming and that's it, mum bought that car new, with cash and it's getting sorted 100% by the book.

car.crash
15-11-2008, 21:21
want me to get my nan and her mates to have a word dave? :laugh:

dangerous dave
15-11-2008, 21:30
I'm well in touch with some shady people, a few words with them and all sort would happen, but I'm better than that.

MR TURBO
15-11-2008, 21:37
Like me!!!!!! LOL but i dont think i could do biddie bashing!!!!

Adam L
15-11-2008, 21:39
Like me!!!!!! LOL but i dont think i could do biddie bashing!!!!

They've already pissed/soiled their pants, so what would they do when they're scared?

MR TURBO
15-11-2008, 21:42
They've already pissed/soiled their pants, so what would they do when they're scared?

HAHAHAHHAHAHA bust out of their camodes and do it on the floor!!!!!:D:D

stuTHC
15-11-2008, 22:37
what gets me is she's holding the details ransom, she wants to decide if we claim on her insurance or they pay us off, there is no choice and if there was that would be down to us.

Were claiming and that's it, mum bought that car new, with cash and it's getting sorted 100% by the book.

Have you got legal protection with the insurance policy Dave?
If so just give them the reg number, explain what's happening and let them deal with it, you've paid for it.

dangerous dave
15-11-2008, 22:41
That's what I'm gonna do, she's run her mouth off so the insurance or police will be dropping her a call.

dangerous dave
16-11-2008, 13:03
old dears called the insurance, the old bird was covered and it was a pug that hit her.. my old dears such a dumba55 sometimes, you dont just get hit and take a number of a passenger and car reg..

she didn't take the number of the couple that saw what happened & offered their details, didn't take the drivers name or number, the car make, colour etc.. to many people try worm there way out of claims, you have to look out for number 1:mad:

had another look, door and rear quarter bump strips damaged and cracked, door has 2 small crease marks just above the strip and im still certain the scratch on the arch nor the stone chips on rear quarter were there a few days ago.. it was a 1mph bump, but the dopey cow just cant accept that when a car touches another damage is caused, there not made of feathers..