PDA

View Full Version : Parking Ticket Help

scratcher
19-09-2011, 01:37
I went for a nice day out with my girlfriend in Milton Keynes today.
Parked up at Willen Lake, went off and came back to a nice yellow sticker on my car :mad:
The car was left in a private car park and the ticket issued by a private company - Napier Parking. I had no idea it was even pay and display until the ticket man pointed to a sign 10 feet up a lamp post, and the sign with miniature writing by the entrance.

I've googled a bit about this but can find a definitive answer... Should I pay?
From what I read it seems they can't legally enforce the charge and to ignore it and it'll go away after a while, or just bite the bullet and pay it?

markey b
19-09-2011, 08:13
if it was private, ignore it. I used to get one a day at the hospital when my missis was living there in digs, I refused to pay £1.50 just to visit, so I just collected them, that was a Vinci carpark. after a court letter I just called them and said it wasn't me driving and I wasnt going to tell them who was, as I wasn't legally obliged too, the ticket is issued to the driver not the car, they had no cctv of me driving, or gettibg out the car, I havnt heard anything since ;-)

Gttnutter
19-09-2011, 09:03
I'd ignore it, i got a parking fine in a cinema car park, phoned a friend who owns a large clamping company and was told to ignore it, i recieved a few letters which made me think i should pay but was just told to ignore them, this was around 6 months ago and ive not heard nothing for around 4 months.

dangerous dave
19-09-2011, 16:07
id jog it on, if i was clamp in this case id cut it off.. if i was being a mug id hold my hands up, but so many cases involve some shady signs or clampers..:crap:

modfather
19-09-2011, 17:05
i had a few tickets before, i went to court etc told them i never recieved it some1 must of taken it off or it dropped off and i got let off :wasntme:

scratcher
19-09-2011, 22:20
Cool. Ignoring it seems to be the best bet then.
I didn't even know it was pay and display! I'll go and take photos of the joke signs, miles up the lamp post, and at the entrance round a corner over a speed bump (like I'd see that in any car, yet alone a sump scraper :laugh:)

Cheers for the advice team :niceone: