PDA

View Full Version : Honest advise please appreciated

boustie
14-09-2011, 21:44
Unfortunately I need to sell the car ive just spent so much time (and money) on.
Ive had so much hassle with it due to paying so much for it and a so called friend who basically ripped me off and left me with a car that is registered as a GTX. I want to be honest and sell as a GTX but obviously its not worth nearly as much. I have just spent a lot of money on this.
Interior, engine and box, suspension, glass etc basically everything is GT turbo.
The shell is completely solid and has just had a full respray. Undercar is mint and all undersealed. 11 mths MOT, 6 mths tax.
What I need to know is:

1 How much realistically is it worth
2 Anybody got any other great ideas to help me recoup some costs

Opinions greatly appreciated on this, its caused me pain from the start.

boustie
14-09-2011, 21:50
Oh yeah heres a pic, i cant stress it is really clean and a far cry from the ones ive seen
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee247/boustie/IMG_1144.jpg

Penfold aka The Dealer
14-09-2011, 22:04
Looks clean...

Shame its not got the GTT front grill & bumper strips been painted white...

Some people will be put of by the reshell... Some not...(wouldnt bother me, main thing is its straght and rust free)

Price wise £2.5k or slighty less for a fast sale...
£3k if your happy to wait...

Anything over £3k you will be waiting a long time for the right buyer or mug....

Looks like a nice clean car tho :)

michael tierney
14-09-2011, 22:40
has a gtx got a 4 torsion bar rear axil...if it has i cant see any real issue:confused:
so long as it is'nt ringed!

boustie
15-09-2011, 07:33
yeah swapped the rear axle only thing gtx is the shell.
will take £2000 no offers if any one interested.

Ricardo
15-09-2011, 17:35
I think to some people wanting to buy a GT Turbo they'd like to actually have the logbook with it saying GT Turbo on there. I know it's now classed for the 1.4L but for the purists out there i guess they'd like to say they own a 100% GTT :ashamed:

IIRC the VIN No is stamped on the suspension turret, so, no getting away from the fact the shell will always be a GTX.

J$£5GTT
16-09-2011, 00:44
le sex change gtx.......:laugh: