PDA

View Full Version : idle control screw question

going_downhill
06-09-2011, 11:11
ive just got a fresh 12 months ticket today. woohoo! but the tester said he has screwed my idle control scre in two rotations to get it through emissions. the car drives fine but i havent gone on boost as im worried this will effect the fueling. does it effect anything other than the idle? im wondering if i should screw it out again?

markey b
06-09-2011, 11:16
ive just got a fresh 12 months ticket today. woohoo! but the tester said he has screwed my idle control scre in two rotations to get it through emissions. the car drives fine but i havent gone on boost as im worried this will effect the fueling. does it effect anything other than the idle? im wondering if i should screw it out again?

as far as i'm aware it only affects idle, fuelling on and off boost is controlled by the jets

going_downhill
06-09-2011, 11:31
cheers mark, i thought that would be the case but its always worth checkin! seems to be idleing ok for the minute but will see how she goes.

going_downhill
06-09-2011, 23:23
im just wondering if he has screwed the mixture screw in instead of the idle screw. would this be a cause for concern?