PDA

View Full Version : surely im doing something wrong?

Josie172cup
06-09-2011, 06:04
Hi everyone,

i've spent the whole night at work looking for car insurance for MATT Cs Laguna.
i am 23 (24 in 2 weeks)
i have 5 years ncb
3 points for a sp30
1 claim where i wasn't even in the car when someone hit it

so far the cheapest iv found is through gocompare at £870ish tpft am i going crazy or is this a normal price? atm im finding it really hard to find anything under £1k.

i was just wondering if anybody else has the same circumstances and how much they pay. i've tried most of the sites people have been recommending with no luck.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards

joe

Dave_FJ
06-09-2011, 10:57
Hi everyone,

i've spent the whole night at work looking for car insurance for MATT Cs Laguna.
i am 23 (24 in 2 weeks)
i have 5 years ncb
3 points for a sp30
1 claim where i wasn't even in the car when someone hit it

so far the cheapest iv found is through gocompare at £870ish tpft am i going crazy or is this a normal price? atm im finding it really hard to find anything under £1k.

i was just wondering if anybody else has the same circumstances and how much they pay. i've tried most of the sites people have been recommending with no luck.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards

joe

Hi Joe

Can't offer to quote you happy on this as it's not classic (and you're under 25) but TBH that doesn't sound a million miles out :(

Have you tried Fully Comp rather than TPF&T? More companies offer FC insurance which increases competition which can bring prices down to less than TPF&T.

Another thing to try would be adding an experienced driver to the policy as an additional driver. My girlfriend saved £200 by adding me to her policy and she's a similar age to you.....i'm an old git lol....she pays around £650 on a 2.0 206cc with SwiftCover. Admiral and Kwik Fit do offer cheaper insurance for younger drivers but I guess these companies will come up when you Compare the Meerkat

Dave

RussellT
07-09-2011, 10:00
Have you tried Tesco? A friend of mine in the car insurance industry told me the other day they were offering some of the best deals at the moment.

It could be where you live and whether the car is in a garage overnight etc.

dangerous dave
07-09-2011, 17:11
its a joke at the mo, im paying £500 on a car i couldnt sell for more than scrap money. i cover it as my gtt is off road and i dont want to lose my bonus..

philg
07-09-2011, 19:45
its a joke at the mo, im paying £500 on a car i couldnt sell for more than scrap money. i cover it as my gtt is off road and i dont want to lose my bonus..

What gt have you got now dave, i thought your tungy had gone?

dangerous dave
07-09-2011, 20:03
What gt have you got now dave, i thought your tungy had gone?

its gone mattblack for now, just locked it away in the garage while its being welded up, only one area left to sort out and its solid.. then its building up time:cool:

philg
07-09-2011, 20:04
its gone mattblack for now, just locked it away in the garage while its being welded up, only one area left to sort out and its solid.. then its building up time:cool:

matt black, pair of homos :cooter:

dangerous dave
07-09-2011, 20:39
matt black, pair of homos :cooter:

in my dreams its going electric blue with grey kit:smokin: the plans have always been to make it solid and then chuck a few grand at paint..:D not yet tho, trial build

Josie172cup
07-09-2011, 23:36
Have you tried Tesco? A friend of mine in the car insurance industry told me the other day they were offering some of the best deals at the moment.

It could be where you live and whether the car is in a garage overnight etc.

tried tesco russel, came out at about £1200

i dont get it though, i have just recieved a quote from "graham sykes" for £1943 FC for a std 1.8 Laguna yet i got a quote for a stripped out 5 with very few std. parts for £550 how does that work? do they not want people driving sensible cars? im confused :scratch: (pun not intended)

raj
08-09-2011, 00:03
count yourself lucky, im paying just under £3k a year:eek: on a 06 skoda superb tdi 130pd.

yes its used as a taxi but still..£3 fecking K:sad:

Josie172cup
08-09-2011, 06:51
count yourself lucky, im paying just under £3k a year:eek: on a 06 skoda superb tdi 130pd.

yes its used as a taxi but still..£3 fecking K:sad:

that is bad

i've manage to get it down to £709 by adding half my family onto the policy. it was £1068 with just me lol insurance is crazy

EDIT: thats with admiral

Josie172cup
09-09-2011, 01:41
Update:

insurance bought but not at £709 i wanted to pay monthly and to do so the quote raises to...

Make sure your sitting down

...£1017

yes that is over £300 for the privilege of paying monthly.

Not impressed :sad2: