PDA

View Full Version : Help identiying connectors

elmof1
04-09-2011, 11:31
Hi guys, just wiring up dash and not sure where these couple of connectors go.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc279/elmof2/9d2ae340.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc279/elmof2/8725a189.jpg

andybond
04-09-2011, 11:40
The large flat ( ish ! ) connectors go into the back of the dashboard , only one place only one way.

The other one I am not so sure , Ill have to pull apart my dash to find out ..

elmof1
04-09-2011, 13:18
The large flat ( ish ! ) connectors go into the back of the dashboard , only one place only one way.

The other one I am not so sure , Ill have to pull apart my dash to find out ..

The first pic I think the connector fits in a holder behind the little pocket that below the wiper Controls. I'm off to the scrap yard in a bit to see if the campas there gives any clues

sega
04-09-2011, 13:24
the large ones are for the dash.
The one with 1,2,3 on it could (iff it doesnt fit on the cluster) also fit behind to where you opperate the heating inside you're car. This is my guess.
but i'm not used to rhd cars so could easily be wrong

Woznaldo
04-09-2011, 14:05
First pic, goes into the back of one of the dash switches (rear window heat, rear wiper, fogs etc), I'm going to guess rear fog light.

Second pic, long thin ones go to back of instrument cluster along the top, the small fat one goes into the rear of the instrument cluster behind the tacho.

elmof1
05-09-2011, 08:30
I had a look at the campus in the scrappy yesterday, and the connector in the first pic clips in a holder being the dash as I thought, then connects to a loom that goes through the driver front wing and connects to the lights. I'm pretty sure i didn't remove a loom through the wing only a choke cable?? Anyone got a loom through the front drivers wing?? :confused:

Second pic, still none the wiser, the connector behind the tacho is a 2 pin connector.

It all makes sense when you pull these things apart, but months later is a different story. Note to self; label everything next time :rolleyes:

sega
05-09-2011, 09:09
Iff you remove your ashtray and look at the connector from the heater doesnt that fit there?

elmof1
05-09-2011, 09:14
Iff you remove your ashtray and look at the connector from the heater doesnt that fit there?

Already connected ashtray and heaters; if it help the connector is loomed up with a single spade connector that connects to the speedo harness.