PDA

View Full Version : clio turbo low boost

sega
03-09-2011, 22:06
Yesterday i bought a clio turbo. Its an f7p with a bbtuning turbo kit(?) the pistons were machined for lowered compression. The guy told me he bought the kit like this from bb. Maximum boost is now 7psi but this doesn't make me verry happy. I was wondering how much boost i could run. This would be the low boost conversion.

5teve L
03-09-2011, 23:00
Yesterday i bought a clio turbo. Its an f7p with a bbtuning turbo kit(?) the pistons were machined for lowered compression. The guy told me he bought the kit like this from bb. Maximum boost is now 7psi but this doesn't make me verry happy. I was wondering how much boost i could run. This would be the low boost conversion.
Depends how much was taken off the pistons.
& you will need a high boost chip, a remap or aftermarket management to get any more than 8 or 9 si out of it. You will also need to listen for det & read AFR's if going outside the boundries set up on your chip. Oh & it prob has a T25 on & not a T28 turbo...

sega
04-09-2011, 10:38
Depends how much was taken off the pistons.
& you will need a high boost chip, a remap or aftermarket management to get any more than 8 or 9 si out of it. You will also need to listen for det & read AFR's if going outside the boundries set up on your chip. Oh & it prob has a T25 on & not a T28 turbo...

I will have to hear how much was taken of and what chip is inside. Afr is maby possible to read from the xrd that is inside?
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/seger/foto5.jpg
How could i read for det?
The turbo is T28.
Just saw it has a cat (original) under the car. would it make much difference when removing it.

sega
04-09-2011, 13:29
Opened the ecu just now and it said
chip 0,8 bar (11,6psi)
pistons machined -1mm

James5
07-09-2011, 14:29
Opened the ecu just now and it said
chip 0,8 bar (11,6psi)
pistons machined -1mm

Sounds like a low boost chip

Going by Steve's 1.9mm skim which roughly took compression down to 8.5:1 yours are fairly high comp.